RBC Global Asset Management (“RBC GAM”) is a North American-based asset management firm with global scope and industry-leading investment management capabilities. The PH&N Institutional team, as a division of RBC GAM, is widely considered a thought leader amongst investment consultants and institutional clients alike, based on a long term track record of delivering exceptional investment solutions and service. Please visit: https://institutional.phn.com for more information.
The Institutional Associate plays a critical role in supporting the PH&N Institutional team in both maintaining and communicating investment expertise in specific investment capabilities and supporting the delivery of exceptional service to our institutional clients. You will collaborate with other Associates and Institutional Portfolio Managers, with a primary focus on supporting the alternative investment capabilities utilized by our institutional clients and portfolio management teams. You will ensure that our teams have the investment insights, education and presentation materials required to support the delivery of these strategies to our institutional clients and prospects. You will assist the Institutional Portfolio Managers and become the subject matter expert in the strategies that they cover, ultimately actively participating in the delivery of presentations to our clients and prospects. This is an opportunity to be part of a fast growing asset class and contribute to the continued development of the alternative investments platform at RBC GAM.
What will you do?
- Direct accountability within the capability specialist team for developing and maintaining deep knowledge of select alternative investment strategies, market conditions and portfolio positioning in the support of Institutional Portfolio Managers, clients and prospects.
- Direct responsibility for managing, maintaining and supporting the production and maintenance of client and prospect facing materials across a variety of asset classes and strategy types including slides, research and sales materials as required.
- Play a key role in the further development of the alternatives investment platform including assisting in the production of thought leadership, educational and market insight material for internal and external use.
- Assist Institutional Portfolio Managers in the day-to-day support of select client mandates including creating content and managing the production, review, and distribution of client reporting (monthly, quarterly, and on request) mandate structuring, cash flow management, compliance monitoring and client relationship management system updates
- Assist Institutional Portfolio Managers and actively participate in the development and delivery of presentations to clients and prospects as experience and familiarity develops
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree (finance, mathematics or actuarial science an asset)
- 5 to 7 years of investment and financial services industry experience
- Passion for markets with skills and attributes that demonstrate potential to develop into a senior member of the team
- Strong professional written and verbal communications skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently and to prioritize and multitask in order to meet tight timelines under high pressure situations
- CFA designation (candidate or Charter holder)
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel and PowerPoint) and the ability to utilize and become proficient in the use of various tools and systems
Nice to have:
- Demonstrated ability to structure and write thought leadership papers on technical subject matter in a clear and concise manner
- Client facing experience
- Knowledge and experience with private or public market alternative investment strategies
- Bilingual French communication an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work in a growing area of investment management (Alternatives)
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
This role is subject to the RBC GAM Personal Trading Policy.