RVK is an independently owned, national firm with headquarters in Portland, OR and regional offices in Boise, ID, Chicago, IL, and New York, NY. We provide unbiased investment consulting services to nearly 200 institutional clients, including corporations, public retirement systems, Taft-Hartley funds, non-profit organizations, non-pension operating funds, high-net-worth individuals and families, and other special purpose funds. The heart of RVK is our team-centered approach to client service, provided by our experienced team of investment consulting professionals. RVK is one of the ten largest investment consulting firms in the world, as reported by Pensions & Investments, and is the only firm to be named a Greenwich Quality Leader among large U.S. investment consultants for a third consecutive year.*
The Associate Consultant works closely with the consulting team to provide research, portfolio analysis, and investment advice to our clients. This position requires a unique combination of good business sense and proven qualitative and quantitative abilities. Associate Consultant responsibilities include the daily administration and management of a number of client relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be actively involved in all aspects of client service and help plan and execute client deliverables. The duties are multi-faceted and require the ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally. The Associate Consultant must successfully manage time, identify tasks, determine priorities, and complete deliverables to company standards and deadlines.
- Complete a variety of special projects at the request of the client and/or consulting team. Typical projects include: asset allocation studies, domestic/international equity and fixed income manager style analyses, investment policy revisions, portfolio rebalancing, letters of instruction, and special research projects.
- Provide day-to-day client service in support of the lead Consultant.
- Execute client deliverables to high standards of quality and accuracy.
- Possess advanced knowledge of recommended investment management firms, products, and strategies.
- Write, edit, and proofread client communications and training materials for clients with regard to various investment topics.
- Assist consulting team with defining key messages and use creativity in presenting ideas, recommendations and information to clients.
- Participate in internal research projects and special client assignments as needed.
- Provide training to Associates on elements of investment process and procedures, as needed.
- At the request and approval of the lead consultant, attend meetings and present special projects and/or performance reports to clients.
- Prepare ad-hoc market environment and investment research.
- Play an active role in business development efforts including drafting and editing RFP responses as well as finalist presentations.
- Review performance measurement client deliverables to assist in quality control and meeting client performance reporting product expectations.
- Genuine desire to work hard and progress in the investment consulting profession.
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment consulting principles, investment strategies, policies and regulations applicable to the investment consulting industry.
- Proven project management and organizational skills – ability to handle multiple priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with careful attention to detail.
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills – comfortable presenting in front of Board of Trustees and Investment Committees.
- Proven self-starter – able to work and think independently.
- Adaptability to change while striving to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Flexible and open to new ideas within an ever-changing, dynamic environment.
- Strong work ethic – able to work Monday – Friday with client deadlines that may require up to 50-60 hours/week, (including when necessary evening and weekend time).
- Able to travel as needed across the U.S.A.
- Well-versed in quantitative analytical techniques – ability to build quantitative models and interpret results.
- Knowledge of software and business applications – proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Knowledge of MPI Stylus, Morningstar, Bloomberg, and eVestment Alliance is a plus.
Required Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of industry experience in investment consulting, management consulting, internal corporate consulting, asset management, banking, private equity or working with a plan sponsor directing, implementing and coordinating investment strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or progress towards designation and / or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration is strongly encouraged.
RVK offers a competitive benefits package to full-time regular employees including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) retirement plan, pretax medical flexible-spending, dependent care, transportation with subsidy after one year of service, tuition reimbursement to enhance career development, and a generous paid-time-off program. Come join a company that rewards hard work and appreciates its employees!
To learn more about our company, please visit us at http://rvkinc.com. If you enjoy working collaboratively with others and consider yourself to be a creative thinker, then contact us today! For immediate consideration, please apply through our company website by clicking on Career Opportunities on the home page.
You will need to submit a cover letter explaining how your skills and abilities meet the qualifications and a copy of your résumé. We request that you submit your materials in a PDF format.