Partners Enterprise Capital, LLC (PEC) is seeking a Senior Associate with five to eight years of experience to join its team in Chicago. PEC is an independent investment management firm with approximately $13 billion of assets under management through long-term private equity investments in real estate operating companies (REOCs) throughout the United States. We primarily focus on the industrial, apartment and retail sectors. This position will be a key member of a team led by the Chief Investment Officer that is tasked with managing the strategic and tactical affairs of the portfolio.
This position provides an exceptional opportunity to be part of small company that employs an innovative and highly successful business model in close collaboration with our capital partner and portfolio company management teams. The approach is strategic and relationship-driven versus transactional, with a very long-term view that includes business building versus simple execution of investment strategies. PEC has a flat organizational structure and all roles are broad and dynamic. A significant foundation of organizational resources and capital is in place to facilitate continued growth of the portfolio, both through the organic expansion of existing portfolio companies as well as investments in new REOCs.
The qualified individual will be an analytical thinker with a strong work ethic, willingness to wear multiple hats, and desire to be an integral part of a team-oriented business. This person will have strong interpersonal and writing skills, and be able to interpret, analyze and make recommendations regarding existing portfolio assets, new investment opportunities and debt financing activity. This role is critical to the team’s continued growth and success.
The primary areas for which this individual will be accountable:
- Investment Activity
- Direct responsibility for applying real estate underwriting expertise to the review of acquisitions, dispositions and debt financing being deployed at the REOC level
- Written and verbal presentation of insight and recommendations
- Management of communication between the REOC, PEC, managing board and capital partner
- Collect, synthesize and respond to feedback from each of these groups, and collaborate with the REOC management teams to incorporate as necessary
- Carefully manage timelines to ensure adequate time for review without impeding the REOC’s ability to respond to market opportunities
- Research & Analysis
- Develop comprehensive familiarity with PEC sectors, REOCs, markets and assets
- Develop a solid understanding of operating company financial models and execute periodic updates and enhancements
- Review and interpret property and company level performance data
- Participate in market and asset level surveillance efforts
- Ongoing and special research related to space market fundamentals and macroeconomic trends
- Support senior PEC investment management professionals and REOC management teams in the preparation and review of annual REOC business plans
- Ongoing participation in investment management team discussions and deliberations related to the strategic aspects of existing and new REOC investments
Required skills, capabilities and experience:
- At least five years of relevant experience
- Solid professional and/or academic training in the fundamentals of real estate underwriting
- Background in equity investment, debt origination and/or asset management
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA or CFA a plus but not required
- Irreproachable character and integrity
- Well-developed quantitative analysis, problem solving, presentation and writing skills
- Technological interest and aptitude
- Sound judgement
- Intellectual curiosity
- Desire to make an impact
- Ability to form great relationships based on trust and goodwill
- Ability to manage sensitive information with discretion and strict confidentiality
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload to meet established deadlines and performance standards
- Travel required including overnight stays (< 25%). Note that business travel is currently on hold.
- The position will be based in our office in Chicago, although we are currently working remotely.
PEC is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on genetic characteristics or information, race, color, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, marital status, partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, alienage, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
For additional information: https://partnersenterprisecapital.com/
To express interest, please email a resume and personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org