Associate Credit Analyst - Investment Management Buy Side Shop
Investment firm in LA seeks a Credit Analyst to join their team with around 2- 5 years experience. On track with CFA / MBA both highly desirable.
The Associate Credit Analyst will perform credit research across the credit universe with a particular focus in investment grade credits.
Duties include monitoring industry and specific credits on an intra-day basis, providing fundamental research analysis, new issue evaluation, formulation, and communication of investment ideas. The analyst will be responsible for making investment recommendations based on risk adjusted total return potential.
The Credit Analyst will provide support for the following types of activities, including but not limited to: financial analysis, covenant analysis, creation & maintenance of financial models, discussions with management, discussions with street/rating agency analysts, and industry analysis. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills with the ability to present and defend credit opinions.
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree is required. Graduate degree and/or CFA designation strongly preferred.
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years of investment experience performing fundamental market analysis and credit research.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical.
• Proficient knowledge of software used for investment research and analysis such as Microsoft Office, especially Excel, as well as financial software such as Bloomberg is essential.
• The ideal candidate will be well-organized, assertive, self-motivated and be able to prioritize in a fast paced environment.