Product Analyst- Investment and Product Management
Mirae Asset Global Investments (USA) LLC seeks a product analyst (investment and product management) to join a global fixed income team in its New York office. This position is a hybrid role that is responsible for executing diligence on the development, management, research, risk analytics, and creating marketing materials of various funds including active emerging market ETF and Korea domiciled mutual funds.
This candidate will be particularly working closely with the emerging market team which offers vast responsibilities and heavy workload from time to time. Therefore, the ability to prioritize, collaborate and think critically are key features. This position would also require high analytical, organizational, oral and written communication skills, as well as a strong passion/owner’s mind, and thereby providing consistent and efficient product and investment support.
An Analyst's responsibilities will go above and beyond one particular role and get exposures to functions across many departments that includes portfolio management, credit research, operations, risk, marketing, and etc. As such, The Product Analyst (Investment and Product Management) presents a great opportunity for a proactive and hardworking candidate to grow along with the success of the company and the fund.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Support product management activities, including maintaining current fund’s daily operation.
- Work closely with PM and credit analyst on research & development of credit ideas.
- Work as a specialist of assigned products (ETFs, and Korea domiciled mutual funds) which includes understanding of all aspects of the product such as its characteristics, composition, history, and strategy, and competitive strength & weakness against other peer funds.
- Prepare weekly/monthly performance summaries and respond to investor requests including RFPs.
- Update marketing presentations that precisely articulate PM’s market review.
- Serve as a main point of contact for any investment related data requests from internal/external clients.
- Synthesize information from portfolio manager, internal portfolio analytics, compliance team, and external parties (i.e. custodian bank) in order to prepare reconciliation reports for quarterly, and annual reports of the fund.
- Executes performance and risk analysis of funds and manage/investigate any data reconciliations related to our funds between our internal systems (Bloomberg PORT), operation team, custodian bank, fund accounting services, and Asia office
- Help develop valuable insights and assist in running diligence on new products (i.e. new ETF launch), market opportunities, and new credit strategies for global fixed income team.
- Research any new platforms (i.e. new functions in Bloomberg) or third party programs that can smooth out current operation and investment process.
Skills & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or economics
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Microsoft office(Excel, Power Point, Word), Bloomberg proficiency
- Hardworking and proactive, with a desire for continuous learning
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High analytical skill with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well both independently, and as a team member, and be able to prioritize and to handle time under tight deadline
- Language proficiency in Korean and/or Mandarin would be preferred
Salary is commensurate based upon experience.
To apply for this position, please send an email to email@example.com and include the job position in the subject.