The Investment Associate position supports the Investment Team, Investment & Risk Committees, as well as our clients and internal client facing professionals. The Investment Associate is a key respondent to internal requests for relevant investment information from the Client Service and Investment Teams. The Investment Associate will serve as a generalist across asset classes, with a focus on impact investing initiatives led by the Chief Impact Officer. The position will combine investment research, portfolio and data analytics, ESG/impact data and reporting, as well as ad hoc projects and assignments.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Respond to internal requests for information in a thorough and timely manner.
- Generate performance and risk analytics for portfolios, asset classes and investment strategies.
- Build and maintain models and tools necessary for investment decision decision-making and implementation of our asset allocation framework, portfolio construction techniques, and other areas as required by the Risk Committee, Investment Committee, and Investment Team.
- Maintain and improve the dissemination of the Investment Team’s collateral to the firm, including manager fund reviews and performance reports, impact investment profiles, economic dashboards, model exposure data and risk/return analyses and additional collateral as appropriate.
- Coordinate annual manager ESG/DEI survey process, analyze data and trends over time, and synthesize results.
- Support shareholder resolution filing, tracking and reporting processes.
- Support additional impact analyses, impact data collection and the production of custom impact reporting as necessary.
- Serve as a key respondent to model portfolio questions within Tamarac Trading and work with the Centralized Rebalancing and Trading Team to adjust models and troubleshoot issues as is appropriate.
- Serve as a liaison between Client Service and the Investment Team to improve workflow efficiency between the teams.
- Participate on internal committees involved in the investment process as is appropriate.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving operational efficiency, enhancing Investment Team collateral and supporting better investment decision-making processes.
More About You:
- Have 2-3 years of relevant experience in capital markets (preferred)
- Demonstrate interest in capital markets and investments and pursuing a career in investment management
- Demonstrate interest and/or experience in ESG and impact investing
- Display excellent organizational, communication and social skills, and take immediate ownership of your work
- Possess a strong work ethic and are a standout colleague
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrate proficiency of Microsoft Office suite (with an emphasis on Excel)
- Experience with Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg, Tamarac, eVestment is a plus
- Experience with programming languages, databases, and knowledge of Python is a plus
You will be joining a team that is dedicated to helping our clients achieve their goals by providing exceptional investment management and wealth planning services. Putting our clients first guides our decision-making and culture, and allows us to build long-term, caring and trusted relationships.
We love working in a professional yet relaxed working environment. We encourage openness, active listening, mutual respect, candor and integrity. We cultivate a diverse and inclusive work environment where we encourage a work/life balance through a generous PTO policy and flexible work hours. We enjoy each other's company at team and semi-annual firm wide outings.
Our Certified SF Green Business office space, fully equipped with standing desks, is close to BART, Muni and cable cars in San Francisco's Financial District.
We provide a competitive salary commensurate with your experience and skills and offer an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, and disability coverage, along with HSA and FSA options
- Healthcare Advocates services for you and your family
- Quarterly retirement plan profit-sharing contributions after one year of employment
- Educational reimbursement, including partial sponsorship of the CFP and CFA with manager approval
Wetherby Asset Management is a San Francisco-based wealth management firm founded in 1990. We are 100% privately-owned and currently have over 70 employees. Our minimum account size is $10 million and our assets under advisement total over $6.5 billion*. Wetherby provides services to individuals, families, and institutions. Wetherby was recognized as a B Corp Best for the World for Workers in 2017, 2018, and 2019.
Our firm aims to cultivate an inclusive environment and culture that fosters growth, collaboration and acceptance; where we celebrate the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees; and where employees feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves. Our diversity drives us forward and helps us build deeper relationships with our clients and our community.
Wetherby is an equal opportunity employer. Wetherby prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment, individuals providing services in the workplace pursuant to a contract, unpaid interns and volunteers based on their actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military and veteran status, civil air patrol status, national origin, immigration status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, and including medical conditions related to lactation) or medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics).
*As of 12/31/20