New England Asset Management, Inc. (NEAM) provides asset management services primarily to the insurance industry. With assets under management in excess of $75 billion*, NEAM has developed a comprehensive scope of services, including asset management services, enterprise capital strategy (ECS) services, a capital and risk analytics (CARA®) platform and investment accounting and reporting services.
NEAM is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Re Corporation, which is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. NEAM has developed proprietary decision-making tools and specialized services enabling the delivery of asset and capital management solutions to clients within the context of evolving regulatory, accounting and tax issues faced by insurance companies today.**
The firm’s culture is team oriented, collaborative, transparent and intellectually curious.
We currently offer an excellent opportunity for a Client Strategist at NEAM. The NEAM home office is located in Farmington, CT.
*Represents unaffiliated insurance company asset management clients as of 12/31/20 for both NEAM, Inc. and its affiliate, the majority of which are managed by NEAM, Inc..
**NEAM does not offer tax/legal advice.
The Client Strategy group is responsible for delivering investment and capital management services to clients. The members of the Client Strategy group are the day-to-day contacts for NEAM's insurance company clients and lead the internal client team. They are responsible for the relationship management and client portfolio management functions which include the application of investment policy to specific client portfolios and intimate knowledge of the day-to-day activities in the portfolio, client guidelines, risk tolerance and unique requirements. Their specific focus is to effectively provide service that result in maintenance and growth of assets under management with their client. The Client Strategist will represent the firm at regular client board and investment committee meetings and report on economic and capital market developments, investment strategy, portfolio activity and performance results.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Client Strategy, the Client Strategist is a full-time member of the Client Strategy group supporting the day-to-day portfolio management and client servicing duties of Senior Client Strategists with the potential for designated account/client responsibilities as well.
The Client Strategist role involves direct client contact, knowledge of account arrangement and knowledge of internal processes related to client management. Given the direct client contact, the key to being successful at these responsibilities is to understand that these services, whether delivered verbally or otherwise, will have a direct impact on the client’s impression on the firm. An individual performing these tasks will be a high-profile face of the firm.
The Client Strategist will have direct contact with clients delivering and assisting to deliver all of the firm's products and services. This involves:
- Assisting in the management of the strategic and tactical aspects of fixed income portfolio management
- Assisting in providing the array of investment advisory related services that insurance companies with specialized needs expect
Qualifications, Education, Experience
The successful candidate will work with and support Senior Client Strategists and is expected to have relevant industry related experience (~5 years). This individual will have knowledge of investment asset classes with specific knowledge of fixed income assets including corporate, municipal and government debt, MBS, ABS, structured securities and equities.
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills to articulate issues for their clients. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of utilizing internal client resources effectively to serve external clients to the best of the firm’s ability. In addition, this individual will have:
- Advanced degree in a related field of expertise. An MBA is preferable but not required
- An orientation toward capital markets
- Demonstrated ability to listen and assimilate information in the context of providing solutions using client services
- Demonstrated ability to think quickly and offer solutions to problems
- Professionalism, team orientation and a strong work ethic
- Proven ability to think creatively
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A high degree of integrity and credibility
- Ability to make a lasting impression on internal and external clients representing the firm
- A passion for excellence
- Must be comfortable in a team oriented collegial environment that prizes strong individual contribution
- CFA preferable. If not, progress towards completion or strong intent to enroll in program
Contact: Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the continuing policy of New England Asset Management to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including childbirth or related medical conditions), religion, national origin or ancestry, age, past or present disability, marital status, liability for service in the armed forces, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by the applicable law. In addition, New England Asset Management provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters