Equity Research Analyst
HCM EQUITY RESEARCH ANALYST
Hunter Capital Management, an equal opportunity employer, is looking to hire an Equity Research Analyst in San Francisco to join our growing team. Our strategy emphasizes uncovering high quality companies trading at discounted valuations. We are focused on providing strong returns for our clients by investing in excellent long term businesses. These companies typically have durable competitive advantages, sound balance sheets, solid growth and return potential, strong ESG records, as well as positive free cash flow.
The ideal candidate is highly curious about all areas of the market and willing to work as a generalist covering multiple sectors of the US equity market. This person should be capable of developing an investment thesis on individual companies, conducting rigorous financial analysis and valuation work, and communicating and working well with all members of our investment and operations team. They should be self-motivated, an independent thinker, curious about ESG issues and should also possess an interest in all aspects of the investment management business including marketing and operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES The Equity Research Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Financial modeling and valuation work
- Compiling relevant information from public sources, industry data, and company research
- Searching for answers to key questions and completing research-related requests
- Extensive reading of relevant documents and informational sources
- Financial and accounting analysis
- Communicating to members of the equity team via written reports and group discussions.
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of HCM
- Engaging in constructive debate with the portfolio team about current and prospective holdings
- 2-7 years of financial industry experience
- Strong academic record / Work achievement
- Health Care and/or TMT experience preferred
- CFA or MBA preferred
- Creative and independent thinker; adept at finding answers in a timely fashion.
- Confident demeanor; ability to interact with industry professionals with ease.
- Persistent and detail-oriented; thorough and highly proficient with research tools.
- Willing to live and work in the Bay Area
- Analytical thinker; highly numerate and proficient with Excel.
Hunter Capital Management is an independent, employee owned Investment Management company managing over $600M in AUM on behalf of over 150 clients with offices outside of Chicago and in San Francisco.
CONTACT: RICH ROVETTO, CCO email@example.com