- Alternative Strategies Group is seeking a Quantitative Analyst to join its Global Long/Short Equity Portfolio Management team in New York. The new analyst will play a critical role in the organization’s growing Alternative Investments/ ETF businesses. Currently the PM team plans to implement a new AI-Powered Equity L/S Strategy utilizing global ETFs.
- Work under the supervision of the Portfolio Manager (PM to implement the AI-powered Equity Long/Short Strategy to ensure alignment with stated investment objectives
- Review academic journals and sell-side quantitative strategy reports to identify/develop new equity long/short strategies
- Analyze and modify large Bloomberg data sets to identify and backtest alpha signals while contributing to portfolio construction
- Conduct statistical analysis on alpha signals to ensure the robustness of the model
- Contribute to preparing periodic reporting materials for investors and board members
- Perform ad-hoc requests (e.g. industry & company specific research)
- Undergraduate degree in economics, statistics, engineering or related fields
- Maximum of 2 years experience
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills (e.g. ability and curiosity to explore time series/unstructured data and formulate hypothesis that can be tested and verified)
- Excellent Python skills (a brief online/offline coding test will be given)
- Ability to communicate research findings in a clear, concise and visual way in meaningful presentations that tells a story with data
- Experience with factor research, style premia research and/or style premia portfolio construction and management
- Experience with Bloomberg
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field such as economics, statistics, financial mathematics, computer science (basic knowledge in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning) is preferred
Salary is commensurate based upon experience.
To apply for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job position in the subject.