Equity Analyst - Private Wealth Management
Challenge your thinking and build an amazing career with the best people in the financial services industry! Baird’s Financial Advisors provide advice, strategies, and solutions to high-net worth individuals and families across the United States, serving as true partners. True wealth management goes beyond managing investments. At Baird, we understand it begins with learning all we can about what our clients want for themselves and their families. We work closely with them to prioritize their goals, utilizing Baird’s resources and expertise to create a tailored plan to ensure success as they’ve defined it. Our 1,700+ private wealth associates serve clients coast-to-coast from 160 + locations in over 33 states. We have been recognized on Barron’s Top Wealth Management Firms for 10 consecutive years and hold over $200 billion in client assets. Check out this video to learn more about our Private Wealth Management business.
Baird is seeking a highly motivated, experienced equity analyst for our Private Wealth Management equity research team. This team is responsible for consulting on nearly $50B in individual stocks in Baird’s PWM system and providing guidance and support to Baird’s Financial Advisors. The analyst will act as a co-manager of Baird’s two PWM Home Office Portfolios, directly managing approximately $2B in client assets as well as providing timely market insights and commentary across sectors.
As an Equity Analyst, you will:
- Provide up to date and timely investment guidance and recommendations to Financial Advisors on behalf of their individual/retail clients. This includes providing updates and opinions on stocks across all industry sectors, analyzing high net worth client portfolios and providing insight on general investment topics/themes including portfolio construction.
- Act as a co-manager, along with other PWM equity analysts, for the two Private Wealth Management home office portfolios. This includes ongoing monitoring of portfolio holdings, as well as recommendations for portfolio additions/removals. The Baird Recommended Portfolio is a mid-to-large cap investment portfolio comprised of 40-45 stocks across most economic sectors and has a 16+ year track record. The Baird Rising Dividend Portfolio is a large-cap portfolio focused on dividend generating stocks that have the ability to grow their dividend over time.
- Assist with development of equity ideas and screens, focusing on current market conditions, stock-specific opportunities and needs specific to individual high net worth clients.
- Participate in creating of daily Private Wealth Management research update, published and distributed every morning by 8:00 CT, collecting and synthesizing updates deemed important for Financial Advisors and their clients regarding individual securities, ratings changes, industry updates and other topical updates.
- Other duties/projects as assigned to support Baird’s growing PWM business.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Ability to help drive results within a dynamic environment
- Act as a generalist on a high performing collaborative team.
- Fast paced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or other related field. Minimum of five years of investment industry experience, with a preference for candidates with a strong equity research background. MBA with finance concentration and/or CFA charter holder preferred.
- Must be Series 7 licensed or willing to obtain license within 3 months of starting.
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for the markets.
- Adept with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing applications as well as experience with Bloomberg, Factset, and Morningstar.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills; strong presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks; ability to work under strict deadlines and pressure situations; demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong initiative and work ethic, and an ability to work well both within a team and on a self-directed basis. Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment.