At Prime Buchholz, we’re driven every day by our mission—and passion—to help our clients build the financial strength necessary to turn their visions into reality.
We are seeking an experienced Investment Consultant to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in advising a variety of client types including educational endowments, private and public foundations, health care organizations, cultural and faith-based organizations, defined benefit and defined contribution plans, and high net worth families. The successful candidate will have experience building customized and diversified portfolios for clients across asset classes on both a nondiscretionary and a discretionary basis. Expertise in mission-aligned investing—including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors and impact investing—is strongly desired.
After an initial orientation period at our Portsmouth, NH headquarters, this position may be based in our Portsmouth, Boston, or Atlanta offices, Washington D.C. or other remote location.
What You'll Do
- Guide clients in setting and revising investment goals
- Determine asset allocation
- Select investment managers and custodians
- Monitor performance and manage portfolio risks
- Lead client investment teams and relationships
- Contribute to the firm’s thought leadership
- Serve on internal asset class investment committees
- Contribute to manager research and due diligence
- Play a significant role in acquiring new client relationships
- Represent the firm externally at industry conferences
What You'll Bring
- A minimum of 15 years of investment related experience
- A minimum of 7 years of experience advising endowments and foundations, or other institutional clients, as the principal consultant or OCIO
- Proven experience working with and influencing a diverse group of investment committees across different client types
- Demonstrated expertise in helping clients align their portfolios with specific mission objectives (i.e., socially responsible investing; ESG; diversity, equity, and inclusion; impact investing, etc.)
- College degree required. Advanced degree and/or the CFA® designation or CAIA® designation is a plus
- Up to 50% Travel
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits – May include matching 401k contributions, profit-sharing, discretionary bonuses, health/dental/vision insurance plans, and generous paid time off.
- Meaningful work and mission – You already know we help bring our clients’ dreams to fruition; what sets us apart is that we do it with a rare independence that allows us to put clients first—always.
- Direct access to firm principals – Our size allows for firm wide collaboration and regular exposure to our leaders.
- Respect for (and flexibility that allows for) work/life balance – And—while you’re at the office—a genial, collaborative office culture.
- Opportunities for growth, both personal and professional – We encourage professional development and internal advancement. We also actively support our employees’ community volunteerism, as well as mental and physical health activities.
- Location – We’re headquartered in the small, historic city of Portsmouth, NH. And while it may be small, it packs cultural, culinary, and entertainment punches strong enough to keep ears ringing nationwide.
- Fun! – There’s no taking away from how seriously we take our mission, but we also enjoy a relaxed atmosphere. We even have a Fun Committee. Think catered lunches, firm outings and activities, lunchtime fitness classes, and more.
Prime Buchholz is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.