Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
The team is part of a broader group based in 8 offices across Asia Pacific and responsible for developing commercial relationships with rating customers including financial institutions, corporates, infrastructure and sub-sovereigns; as well as all classes of structured finance transactions.
A highly motivated and professional relationship manager is sought to join Moody's Commercial team in Sydney.
The position is responsible for managing the business relationships with Moody's existing portfolio of rated corporate and infrastructure issuers in Australia and New Zealand, applying our best in class service standards and tailored value propositions. More broadly, the Commercial group articulates the value of Moody’s ratings in the execution of transactions, is responsible for the development and launch of innovative ratings based products, communicates pricing strategy, and negotiates all commercial contractual terms with issuers.
This role is customer-facing at a senior level and so requires an experienced manager and strong communicator who is naturally motivated to assist our customers with our range of rating and related services. The role reports to the Head of Relationship Management for Australia and New Zealand.
- Proactively manage a portfolio of existing accounts in the Corporate Finance and Public, Project & Infrastructure Finance sectors.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge in debt capital markets and monitor trends in the designated sectors.
- Work independently with moderate supervision to handle all aspects of business relationships with existing customer accounts and intermediaries.
- Provide proactive customer service and deliver a tailored value proposition to existing customers and identify new business opportunities.
- Responsible for putting together a structured customer calling program for the allocated portfolio.
- Participate in internal ad hoc projects as required.
- Moderate travel will be required once it is safe to resume a customary travel schedule.
- In depth understanding of financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets.
- Able to read financial statements to identify financing needs and understand the financial strategy of each account.
- Effectively prepare and conduct virtual, telephone and in-person meetings with customers at all levels independently.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player with high levels of integrity, dedication and drive.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree, preferably in related field of accounting, business, economics or finance.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in relationship management or other related customer-facing position preferably within the financial services sector.
- Work experience in Corporate and Institutional Banking or Debt Capital Markets or Leverage and Acquisition Finance.
- Strong experience in using MS Office, PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills (essential).