Structured Products Sales - Private Banks - Sales - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Sales and marketing of non flow structured product to Private Bank clients across both Hong Kong and Singapore. Mandate includes the distribution of the full scope of structured products solutions across all asset classes.
- Product Understanding: The candidate should have a strong knowledge of Cross-Asset Product & Solutions and should be able to interact daily with Engineers, Structuring and Trading to develop and sell non flow products. The candidate should poses attention to detail.
- Communication skills: Candidate should have strong oral and written communication skills and be able to partake to trainings sessions, product presentations in front of large audience.
- Client Coverage & Sales: Work alongside flow sales to assess client needs and develop and expands client coverage and relationships on cross-asset products with a focus on non-flow solutions. Seeks to onboard new clients and expand both new and existing sales mandates. Detects business opportunities arising from local regulations/market dislocations etc.
- Market Intelligence: Has a clear view on the client segment, activity and industry trends to optimize and maximize our revenue generation and client coverage. Conveys market intelligence, relevant regulatory, legal, tax knowledge and issues to internal stakeholders, decision makers.
- Post-trade coordination: Coordinates with support functions and ensures the soundness and accuracy of the post trade process (bookings, documentation, risk consumption, etc)
Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, economics or engineering
- Masters in Finance, Masters of Business Administration, CFA preferred
- 3-5y of experience in a sales role working in IB sales with relevant experience in selling relevant products
- Have a technical understanding of broader financial markets across asset classes and structured products
- Fluency in English (written and verbal). Fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese is preferred due to client coverage
- Possesses an entrepreneurial mindset and is hands-on and creative
- Possesses a positive attitude and works well in a team
- Attention to detail - Properly input deals in IT systems, in an exhaustive manner, pays particular attention to the correctness of term sheets and the credit processes
- Keep operational risks and errors close to zero if possible
- Autonomous and reliable in dealing with client relationship
- Ability to present the business at senior level both externally and internally
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- To demonstrate honesty & integrity at all times
- Sales & Marketing Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Cooperate
- Thinking Out of the Box
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2021/01/06