Financial Analysit (3-5 years)
We are looking to fill the position of Financial Analyst at a Group Company level.The Financial Analyst should be responsible for financial planning and quantitative analysis of a Company/Companies in a sector or sectors, track the sector dynamics including competitors market share movement and their performance, along with hypothetical analyses on combining and valuing these entities. His/her analysis should enable an organization to make well informed commercial decisions including capital allocation and risk weighted calls. He/she should have the ability to determine the best use of resources to achieve business decisions. His/her capability should not be restricted to micro factors impacting the business but also include a macro view of things that are likely to impact businesses or sectors. He/she should produce regular reports using financial data and work in collaboration with the finance and operating teams to analyze business performance and strategy. He/she should be in a position to forecast future revenues and expenditures and also challenge underlying assumptions made for financial budgets for the future or upcoming projects. He/she should possess skills to report and communicate financial information with his/her analysis as well as monitor financial movements within the market.
We expect this job to include:
- Analysing current and past financial data.
- Look at current financial performance to identify trends.
- Prepare reports on the above information and communicate insights of these reports with a wider audience in a clear fashion visually (via slides) and verbally.
- Consult the management team to develop long term commercial plans.
- Suggest improvements to budgets based on the above information.
- Explore various investment opportunities from an M&A or partnership standpoint.
- Develop Financial Models and provide Financial Forecasts.
- Take initiatives to drive policies that improve financial results.
- Perform financial analyses which may include the following with a high degree of speed and precision
- Discounted cash flow and IRR analyses
- Public comparables
- Acquisition comparables
- Pro forma combination analyses
- Share repurchase / recapitalization analyses
- Build three-statement full-blown financial models for Group Company analytics including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Analyze the impact of a proposed combination, divestiture, acquisition on earnings, credit profile and value
Job Qualification & Requirements:
A postgraduate degree in one or more of the following subjects from a reputed and premier institute of India/Global will be welcome.Finance Economics MathematicsFinancial Accounting. He/she must demonstrate the following qualities:1) Highly motivated, analytically rigorous, self-starting, proactive individual with top 20% ranking throughout academic career at top-tier universities in India or abroad. Experience in deal evaluation 2) Strong research capabilities 3) Experience with statistical analysis and financial forecasting 4) Superior attention to detail and ability to identify data patterns 5) Extremely strong grasp of written and spoken English 6) Interests outside work should place emphasis on a healthy lifestyle 7) High degree of intellectual curiosity 8) Ability to format and model in excel with fast grasp of shortcut key combinations 9) Good presentation skills in powerpoint or other slide-related format 10) Industry & sector knowledge especially engineering and capital goods will be a positive.11) Work experience of a minimum of 4-5 years in a reputed investment bank/consulting firm or an eminent broking house.
This candidate would report to the CEO of the Shared Services Business and will be a part of this team driving Group Transformation, Reporting and Analysis. Location will be in Pune.