Do you enjoy communicating complicated concepts in easy-to-understand ways? Does tackling multifaceted financial strategies, wrestling long PPMs, & breaking apart complex investment products sound like your idea of a good time? Is your investment philosophy built on humility, human psychology, and a belief in the foundational tenants of capitalism? Do you love working in a high-energy team environment while simultaneously managing multiple dynamic projects?
If so, you may be the PORTFOLIO STRATEGIST we are looking for.
The Portfolio Strategist is responsible for leading the investment team as they enhance, implement, & maintain our overall investment process. While this leadership role is client facing, no “selling” is required.
Mosaic is located in Houston, TX - no relocation is being provided.
Primary responsibilities include:
- More than $750MM in client assets custodied both in-house & held away.
- Collaborate with outside investment managers on behalf of Family Office clients
- Manage, modify, & rebalance portfolios & communicate changes
- Coordinate & lead weekly internal team meetings and publish monthly market updates for clients
- Perform quarterly portfolio reviews with clients & their outside investment managers
- Conduct due diligence on both public & private investments managed internally & by third-party managers (both institutional quality & “country club deals”)
- Research & recommend various investment vehicles
- Establish & enhance relationships with third-party managers
- Evaluate current investment technology & recommend changes
- Communicate investment philosophy to team members, clients, & third-party managers
- Chair Investment Committee
- Manage & mentor investment team
We recently moved into a shiny new office located near Greenway Plaza. Our building was built in the last few years, has several restaurants within a short walk & we even have a trendy coffee shop downstairs. In short, our location has all the benefits of working in Greenway Plaza without any of the confusing one-way streets or frustrating traffic! We believe the serendipity that comes from the entire team occupying the same physical space cannot be replicated online, as such, we collaborate together in the office every day.
One of life’s inescapable truths is that the more successful you are, the more complicated your life becomes. For business owners, few things are more complex than the myriad of family, tax, legal, business, & financial issues they confront daily. While there is no shortage of professionals vying to assist business owners with various aspects of their lives, virtually none of them are incentivized to lead the diverse team of specialists required to affect meaningful change. Mosaic was built upon a completely different business model – to provide unbiased, comprehensive advice in exchange for a fixed quarterly fee. By aligning our financial incentives with our clients’ interests, we can neutralize professional egos, eliminate conflicts of interest & remain agnostic as to the makeup of our clients’ advisory team. Our methodology is simple; we base our engagements on the actual scale, scope, and complexity of each endeavor & not selling specific products or services.
For the two dozen families we represent, our job is to distill the extraordinarily complex into the most understandable components so that they can better understand their current situation and the steps required to achieve their objectives. In short, we are responsible for making critical information easy for them to digest and tasks simple for them to delegate.
Our average client owns a Texas based business & has a net worth of more than $100MM. They have a considerable portion of their success tied up in their company & the real estate that supports their business.
Even though the description above sounds a little stuffy, we work hard to cultivate an incredible culture full of laughs, respect, & humility. Regular company outings, monthly “board game Fridays”, an armory of nerf guns, and a pantry full of snacks are small examples of the tight knit team we have.
While most entrepreneurs can easily pinpoint the levers that impact their company’s operating performance, often, they can’t accurately describe the basics of their portfolio – fundamentals like what they own, why they own it, where they own it, how much it costs, how it’s performing, or how it complements their other holdings.
Serving as an outsourced CIO, Mosaic uses our deep understanding of our clients’ ever-evolving financial situation, opportunities within their entity structure, & current tax code to optimize both the allocation & physical location of their holdings. This “Total Balance Sheet” approach blends traditional financial assets with illiquid holdings into a single, comprehensive picture, regardless of the investment, its ownership, or investment manager. By designing a comprehensive strategy that integrates their operating business with complementary public and private investments, we can maximize economies of scale, eliminate redundancy, reduce fees & taxes all while increasing transparency, liquidity & expected returns.
Being smart, hardworking, & honest are simply the minimum barrier for entry to our firm.
In order to thrive, the individual we are seeking must possess intangible qualities such as:
- Great sense of humor & a cheery disposition
- Coachable team player that is driven to grow personally & professionally
- Big picture thinker with an extraordinary level of curiosity that asks questions & seeks out answers
- Proactive self-starter with a sense of urgency
- Ability to effortlessly switch between collaborating with a team & flying solo
- Confident communicator in person & via e-mail
- Borderline obsession with project management & process optimization
- Ability to delegate tasks to other team members who are best positioned to complete the task
- Desire to assume a mentorship role for a dedicated team of professionals
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships with a variety of constituencies, including team members, clients, prospects, outside investment managers & vendors
Minimum qualifications include:
- At least 10 years of direct investment management experience
- Undergraduate degree & an advanced investment designation i.e., CFA, CAIA, CIMA, etc. required
- Graduate level degree preferred i.e., MBA, MST, PhD, JD, LLM
- Financial designations preferred i.e., CPA, CFP, CPWA, ChFC, CLU, etc.
- Ability to pass FINRA Series 65 within 90 days required
- “Clean” FINRA Form U4 & background check (criminal & financial)
- Ninja level Excel & PowerPoint skills
This role is eligible for a competitive compensation package which includes:
- Base salary with quarterly bonuses based on the profitability of the firm
- Total annual earnings between $150K - $200K
- 401(k) with company match
- Health / dental / vision insurance
- Three weeks of paid time off
If this role sounds like it was tailor made for you, please apply with your resume & a brief description of why you are a great fit so we can schedule an introductory Zoom call.
More searches like this
- Multimanager Strategies Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors