FP&A Senior Manager
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
The FP&A Senior Manager is responsible for managing processes within the Financial Planning and Analysis team to:
- Develop and maintain complex short and long term financial models for decision making purposes
- assist in the development of scenario analysis to address requests from senior management for new business opportunities or other inquiries
- Prepare and maintain accurate forecasts in a timely manner to present to external and internal parties
- Industry research and analysis
Financial Forecasting and Planning
- Lead the current short and long term forecasting and planning process and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Closely monitor financial performance and update the short term model as needed, implement process improvement initiatives
- Build and develop corporate financial models in order to provide accurate financial picture of the entity and provide valuation support as needed (SOTP, DCF, etc.)
- Participate in the development, improvement and update of Long-term Model – five year financial projection plan for Algonquin and its business groups
- Work closely with Treasury, Tax, Accounting and Business Development to ensure planning assumptions are aligned with the key stakeholders, ensure collaboration and mutual accountability is in place
- Assist in the preparation of long-term financial projection presentations to the Board of Directors, Senior Management and various stakeholders as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Support business development and investor relations teams
- Assist in maintaining and developing company-wide KPIs
- Model scenario analysis based on the request from the senior management team
- Develop and maintain new financial models
- Develop strong understanding of the company’s structure and be the expert in various areas of business including but not limited to HLBV income, project financing, utility and renewable energy modeling
- Provide market research and analysis on industry and peer trends
- Assist with financial valuations of various business units
- Assist with Investor Day presentations
- Provide input and guidance on strategic financial issues
- Identification and investigation of financial performance variances as needed
- Develop various management presentations as required
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree or greater (e.g. Business, Accounting, Economics, Commerce, etc.).
- CPA and/or CFA credentials (both would be preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capital markets background with prior experience in investment banking or equity research would be highly beneficial.
- 10 years + progressive experience in similar positions.
- Candidate should possess strong skills in the areas of analytics/modeling and spreadsheet/database creation and maintenance through formal training and/or experience.
- Prior experience with using Bloomberg and FactSet is an asset;
- Prior experience with SAP SAC planning tool or Clarity forecasting tools is an asset.
- Preference would be for a candidate who also possesses experience in power generation or utilities industries.
- High attention to detail and desire to learn.
- Must have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs including; Excel (advanced level required), PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to work as a team member with peers and management to help drive continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Track record of measuring success as a team, not individual metric.
- Experience managing and leading others.
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
What we offer
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Defined Contribution savings plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
Free parking, including free electrical charging
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team.