Senior Wealth Manager
Position: Senior Wealth Manager
Location: Midwest (potential for remote depending on candidate location)
Reporting Relationship: Member of Firm’s Executive Leadership Team
Our client, “the Firm”, has been providing expert business and investment advice for 20 years as a privately held, fee only, open architecture independent Registered Investment Advisor through experience, leadership and innovation. They are dedicated to consistently understand and address their Client’s needs with solutions that appeal to those who choose to “elevate their success.” Their focus is on wealth management with asset management, alternative investments, and business advisory services. The firm offers vast experience in dealing with successful aspiring professionals, well-established families, businesses and their respective owners in the pursuit to realize their dreams.
Over the years the Firm has developed a unique lifetime wealth planning process, a proprietary asset allocation methodology, additional alternative investment options for suitable clients and performance driven business advisory services. Their Wealth Management team has over 100 years of combined professional experience helping each Client achieve financial security and peace of mind through objective planning, unbiased investing and exceptional client service.
The Firm is seeking a Senior Wealth Manager/leader (SWM) as a player/coach to both focus on developing and growing comprehensive high touch HNW relationships for the firm and to guide and motivate the existing Firm wealth advisors to grow and expand their client base. The SWM will report to a member of the Firm's executive leadership team. Ideally, the person would be located in the Midwest. The firm is looking to open and build out local teams in the Midwest and eastern regions. The position provides significant growth potential via proven service and product offerings with the opportunity to be part of ground floor expansion and build-out of team. Extensive support and infrastructure provided via established systems and back office team.
The Firm assists Clients in making informed decisions on protecting and growing their wealth. The firm works to understand a Client’s needs, wants, and desires – their life and legacy goals, articulated in a lifetime wealth plan. The senior wealth manager/Leader (SWM) guides Clients through their disciplined investment management process helping them to achieve financial security and peace of mind. It is proactive with proven methodology that is both forward looking and agile.
The SWM develops ongoing financial planning relationships with new and existing clients according to their goals and risk-management profiles. The SWM is instrumental in conducting the following four-part comprehensive planning process with clients:
- Schedule and conduct meetings with current clients and prospective clients.
- Understand and analyze a client’s financial situation. Propose objective strategies and solutions to address client needs or resource gaps.
- Work directly with clients and their centers of influence to implement agreed-upon strategies, including but not limited to the following areas: creation of a Goals-based investment plan; Education planning and funding; Insurance planning; Stock option analysis; and Retirement, Estate and Legacy Planning.
- Provide personalized, consistent service to client based on the firm’s customer service standards of excellence.
Senior Wealth Managers will leverage regular meetings (in-person, video-conferencing, webinars and/or via telephone) to track the client's progress vs. goal and, when appropriate, work with internal resources to reallocate investments in order to keep the client on track.
Engage in on-going professional development to increase industry, product, sales and servicing skills and abilities.
Principal Accountabilities include:
- Sales – Successfully acquire significant client relationships resulting in additional assets under management.
- Coaching – Counsel Wealth Mangers and Associate Wealth Managers through formal training, informal learning opportunities and as part of client relationship reviews.
- Consultation – Identifies professional consulting/advisory needs within clients and facilitate services and solutions to clients through the Firm’s delivery and implementation of advanced planning techniques: (estate, tax, insurance, investment, retirement)
- Delivery – Convey sophisticated wealth plans to clients and their advisors in collaboration with the Portfolio Management team, in a clear and concise manner and respond appropriately and promptly to their questions.
- Research & Development - Conducts analysis related to the use of various complex tax and estate planning strategies under consideration by clients and develops financial modeling and flowcharts to demonstrate the economic impact of the strategies.
- Scrutiny – Identify potential issues and opportunities to discuss, review and problem solve with the client.
- Marketing – Implement and refine lead generation strategies with the support of the marketing department.
- Relationship Development – Distinguish and expand relationships by focusing on nurturing the lead generation process and building “centers of influence” (i.e. Attorneys and CPAs), resulting in additional business opportunities.
- Training – Create and maintain presentation materials for general use and client specific use with support from the Associate Wealth Managers.
- Security and Privacy –Adhere to the Firm’s and client protection policies by regularly acclimating yourself with the Firm’s privacy, safety and security policies made available within the employee handbook.
- Workplace Culture –Participate regularly in company activities and campaigns.
- Dedication –Embody the purpose and vision of the Firm in all work done on behalf of the company.
- Extensive experience working with high-net worth clients, an established track record of developing and closing new business, and ideally portable AUM. (May consider individual with a successful track record in sales and business development who is not able to bring over a book immediately due to contractual restrictions.)
- Minimum of 10 years in investment management services.
- Advisors with experience working with clients in the medical field a plus.
- Exceptional work ethic, integrity, team spirit and judgment. High drive and aspiration for growth.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to clients, business partners and management.
- Strong client relationship management skills.
- Leadership experience highly preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office programs.
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Relocation package is negotiable.
Bachelor’s degree and CFA, CIMA or CFP designation is required; Master’s degree is a plus.
Teams, lift-outs and acquisitions are also of interest.