Institutional Sales Associate
Institutional Sales Associate
A Registered Investment Advisor based in Los Angeles is seeking a highly motivated self-starter to join its team in the position of Institutional Sales Associate.
Institutional Sales Responsibilities
- New business development:
- General support of Institutional Sales MD (ISMD) and Director of Consultant (DoC) Relations in their new business development activities.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the firm’s equity portfolios so as to provide secondary sales and marketing support of ISMD and DoC in providing information to prospective clients and institutional consultants.
- Uncover cross-selling opportunities through prospective client and/or consultant interactions.
- Collaborate with the firm’s Institutional Team members to provide general support in the ongoing servicing of prospective clients and consultants.
- Collaborate with Institutional Team members on the development and production of educational white paper content to further support the firm’s efforts to be identified as a “thought leader” in the asset classes it manages.
- Assist in scheduling/coordinating prospective institutional client meetings, including providing background information on the prospective client to all meeting attendees. Schedule “prep” meetings, as necessary, to prepare all meeting attendees.
- Existing clients:
- Assist in scheduling/coordinating institutional client portfolio meetings, providing appropriate meeting material to meeting attendees for review prior to meetings.
- Uncover cross-selling opportunities through client interactions.
Data Analytics Responsibilities
- Identify potential institutional sales opportunities through technology resources. (Evestment, FinDaily, etc.).
- Review daily information from institutional market data providers to identify potential search activity.
- Design competitive intelligence platform.
- Responsible for developing a comprehensive “competitive intelligence” platform, by gathering pertinent data with the goal of developing insight and potential “competitive edge” so as to best prepare the team for each potential institutional opportunity.
- This data gathering would include:
- Information on the prospective clients, including information on the key decision makers.
- Information on institutional consultants who are advising prospective clients.
- Information on primary competitors in each asset class, provide comparison analytics and commentary on how to best position the firm vs. competitors. Identify peers that could be in redemption due to corporate changes or poor performance.
- Provide fee analysis.
- Assist in providing fee data for RFP requests and competitive bidding.
- Provide analysis on institutional industry trends.
- Provide quarterly report that provides analysis of purchasing trends in equity asset classes.
- Provide quarterly information on general industry trends (ESG, diversity requirements, etc.).
Competencies and Attributes:
- CFA certification preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the investment management industry.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written; strong presentation skills.
- A demonstrated ability to manage priorities and meet established timeline goals.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to collaborate in a professional and constructive manner within a team-oriented culture.
- A bachelor’s degree required from an accredited university with a strong educational foundation in finance and economics.
- Proficiency in working with Evestment and MMD platforms, Salesforce CRM, and the Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook suite.
Please email resumes to email@example.com