Emerging Markets Credit Analyst
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
Emerging Markets Investing at Thrivent:
• Manage over $1 billion in emerging-markets debt as a key part of Thrivent’s multi-sector fixed income strategy. Focus on sovereign and quasi sovereign issuers.
• Benchmarked against larger, more liquid bond issuers in Bloomberg Barclays Emerging Markets Hard Currency Aggregate Index.
• Combined bottom-up and top-down approach with commitment to fundamental fixed-income research.
• US$ portfolio with emphasis on sovereign and quasi-sovereign issuers with some selective exposure to EM private corporate issuers.
Emerging Markets Debt Analyst Role Highlights:
- Assist Portfolio Manager as a core member of the emerging markets investment team, generating and identifying investment opportunities in U.S. dollar denominated sovereign and quasi-sovereign debt.
- Responsible for in-depth, independent credit analysis for countries within assigned geographic coverage.
- Monitor macroeconomic and political developments in emerging-market economies utilizing independent news and data sources.
- Develop relative value opinions and generate investment recommendations within assigned coverage.
- Support broader fixed-income teams with country or regional economic and political updates.
- Maintain existing and develop new models or databases to help identify value in emerging-markets debt.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant major required plus relevant work experience.
- CFA and/or MBA preferred.
- Experience performing sovereign credit research preferred.
- Experience analyzing relative value opportunities and making investment recommendations.
- Solid working knowledge of accounting and finance as well as sovereign balance sheets.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to take a position and disseminate well supported investment views concisely confidently and in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in a relevant foreign language preferred.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.