Research Consultant, Public Markets
The Research Consultant works directly with the Public Markets investment team to perform manager due diligence by sourcing and evaluating the capabilities of world-class marketable alternative strategies (e.g., hedge funds, commodities, risk parity, GTAA). They work on services that will improve client performance and revenues. They maintain a coverage universe of marketable alternative managers, conduct updates with invested and prospective firms.
The Research Consultant works closely with the marketing department to lead marketing and business development efforts to prospective clients. They will partner with clients in a variety of areas to craft portfolio construction, implement alternative investment policies and build marketable alternative asset allocation. Research Consultants participate in client meetings, update clients on manager details and deliver asset class education.
Research Consultants will speak at industry events to serve as an ambassador of the firm and help market the Marketable Alternative Team by promoting our reputation as a leading research organization and client solutions business.
Key areas of experience/knowledge:
- Research of Marketable Alternative strategies.
- Leading client meetings.
- Writing on micro and macro topics within Marketable Alternatives.
- Performing strategic planning and investment research of client portfolios.
- Presenting investment recommendations and portfolio strategy.
- A minimum of ten years of experience conducting research on marketable alternative strategies, investment consulting, and/or asset management.
- Ability to develop and pursue business opportunities.
- Positive relationship, mentoring and leadership skills.
- Strong quantitative skills, including facility with financial and statistical concepts.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Collaborate with research staff to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- MBA, MSF, CAIA and/or CFA charter holder is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, medical condition, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, relationship or association with a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.