Manager Investment Consulting
IND Manager Investment Consulting
ARL Level (1 – 9)
PGDM/MBA from Tier I/II Colleges and/or PG in finance/CFA/CIPM
6-9 years of strong work experience in financial services
12.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
Work Description/Role Summary:
- Candidates with 6 to 9 years of experience in financial services either in investment consulting, portfolio management, capital markets, investment banking, corporate banking, equity or fixed income research, financial services consulting (big 4 firms) or risk management.
- Knowledge of the pension fund industry is a big plus.
- 3 to 5 years of team management experience preferably in the financial services industry
- Strong management skills with proven track record of managing highly productive teams, working with multiple clients in professional organizations, managing deliverables under fast changing expectations with accurate quality in a metrics environment.
- Ability to develop highly engaged teams with positive impact on delivery and results.
- Experienced in identifying and implementing the process improvements, standardization and automations impacting larger team deliverables.
- Lead and supervise a strong team of about 15-20 Analyst/Investment Analysts or Associates, provide coaching and regular supervision for deliverables, quality and escalation response.
- Take charge & ownership of deliverables for effectively meeting the stakeholder’s expectations.
- Ability to manage and supervise multiple projects simultaneously with effective outcome.
- Exhibiting right knowledge, experience and skill to mentor and coach the colleagues.
- Implement ideas of operational excellence, controls, innovation in the team providing customer impact and savings – time/$.
- Lead and participate in change management and wider involvement for supporting the objectives of bigger team.
- Actively contribute and participate in the wider initiatives and cross team collaboration.
- Work with immediate Manager in driving and implementing operations stabilization and change initiatives.
- Develop stronger working relationship with stakeholders and ability to rightly promote the team/colleagues.
- Drive colleague’s engagement and build support initiatives in developing a culture of positive work environment.
- Actively contributing and supporting the business growth plans.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Excellent theoretical knowledge and background experience in financial services space, specifically in investment management industry and/or portfolio management
- Very good understanding of various financial asset classes and their risk return profiles
- Practical knowledge of MS Office product suites and advanced knowledge of various Excel functions including Pivot Tables, Nested Ifs, VLOOKUP, Charts, etc. and intermediate knowledge of VBA/Excel Macros.
- Ability to analyze and summarize data that enables decision making.
Mandatory Skills (Behavioral)
- Disciplined and professional approach in delivering results and ability to act as successor for the next role and take up additional responsibilities.
- Possesses excellent project management, organizational and team management skills.
- Self-motivated individual who takes additional team initiatives than required by the role without external motivation.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Presentation, articulation and ability to interact with senior leaders.
- Ability to convince the onshore customers with right reasoning and presentation of facts.
- Takes initiatives and motivate others.
- Collaborative and willingness to participate in wider initiatives.
- Analytical skills and strong business knowledge.
- Leading and motivation.
- Ability to partner with Customers/stakeholders across Geographies
- Good Communication, presentation & convincing skills
- Leading and Motivating others
- Effectively Managing colleague/performance issues
- Collaborative outlook
- Influencing and Negotiating
Mandatory Skills (Specialized)
- Good understanding of concepts in Portfolio Analysis including Performance measurement and benchmarking, Risk adjusted return measures, Style Analysis and Performance Attribution.
- Advanced Excel/VBA
- Driving Initiatives
- Value creation
Good To Have:
- Candidates qualified/aspiring as CFA/ CAIA/ CIPM/ IMC or equivalent professional certifications will be preferred, though not a primary criterion for shortlist.
- Some exposure to Data Analytics including a basic understanding of Python or R Programming and data visualization software such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Small to large project teams and extensive interaction with internal and/or external clients.
More searches like this
- Operations Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors