Senior Associate, Investments
Founded in 2005, Invico Capital Corporation is a Calgary, Alberta based independent alternative investment fund management firm with over $700 million of private capital under management. Invico provides private placement financing to high-quality companies and management teams in making strategic acquisitions, financing capital expenditures and growth programs and supporting working capital requirements.
We are currently looking for a financial professional to join our investment team as Senior Associate, Investments to assume the following responsibilities:
- Conduct due diligence for new lending opportunities, including appropriate financial analysis focused on assessment of forecasts, collateral value and debt service capacity;
- Perform detailed financial analysis and modeling for complex investment transactions and arrangements;
- Assist in drafting term sheets and reviewing legal documentation for prospective investments;
- Monitor investment performance and covenant compliance for active investments;
- Coordinate financial reporting of borrowers, review financial statements and assess compliance with loan agreements;
- Update and maintain investment portfolio databases and related analyses;
- Assist in the implementation of accounts receivable factoring arrangements, review factoring submissions and perform related credit risk analysis;
- Assist in updating and preparing valuations of debt and equity investments for internal and external reporting purposes;
- Coordinate information requests for fund offering materials and assist with broker due diligence; and
- Other duties related to management of debt and equity investments as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Possess or working towards CFA charter or other financial industry designation;
- Work experience in investment banking, private equity, or investment research role;
- Significant experience in financial modeling and analysis;
- Experience using capitalized earnings and discounted cash flow valuation approaches;
- Experience with and ability to quickly read and accurately interpret financing and legal agreements would be a definite asset; and
- Good credit and clean police check is required.
To the successful candidate, Invico offers a great career opportunity to join a fast-paced and growing investment management team to pursue and execute rewarding transactions. Invico offers a competitive compensation program, including a group health plan and flex days. If you are an appropriately qualified individual who wants to advance his or her career in the investment management industry, kindly submit your cover letter and resume to Christi Hayes, Chief Compliance Officer, at email@example.com.