Head of Research
EBI Portfolios (EBI) is one of the fastest growing investment businesses in the UK. We provide a range of low cost, evidence-based discretionary model portfolios to UK and European Financial Advisers.
Additionally, EBI is integrating sustainability factors into all our portfolios which brings new challenges as there are few suitable funds available. EBI is a thought leader working with some of the world’s largest as well as smaller specialist fund managers to bring new funds with factor and environmental, social and governance (ESG) focus to our clients.
EBI is often referred to as a TAMP (Turnkey Asset Management Program) which means we are very much focussed on providing advisers with high levels of support via in house built software, presentation materials (much of which is heavily dependent on data produced by the Research team) and training, the latter of which we plan to develop further.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an intelligent and creative individual with good communication skills, both written and oral.
Ideally you should have a quantitative analyst background within the fund management profession. EBI’s core investment philosophy is built around ‘factor-based investing’. If not already, you will need to become an expert in this field.
You will be a member of the senior leadership team managing a small team of analysts reporting directly to the CEO.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding and appreciation of competitor activity, emerging themes and regulatory developments.
- Analyse asset managers and funds for possible inclusion in our portfolios.
- Maintain our suite of model portfolios, bearing in mind that a cornerstone of evidence-based investing is buy and hold without any tactical asset allocation, thus this process is more about reviewing potential additional factors and or funds.
- Maintaining rebalancing rules including back testing models (with support from IT) to develop more efficient solutions
- Oversee portfolio analysis requests from our financial adviser clients to support the sales and marketing teams
- Management of data from various sources for IT, Sales and Marketing
- Contribute to the senior management team’s development of EBI’s collateral using the returns data. This will require competent content writing skills to help frame and explain our investment proposition for Financial Advisers and their clients
- Support our Financial Adviser clients from time to time re questions typically focussed on active fund management portfolios they come up against
- Support marketing with research data and commentary to include quarterly market reports
- Support sales and marketing with presentations to advisers in and out of house.
- Help develop a training program for our adviser clients based around the basics of evidence based investing, in particular what factor based investing is and ESG investing. Public speaking will be a requirement.
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Analysis - able to structure and complete complex analysis
- Demonstrable experience of working within an analytically focussed role within the financial services.
- Experience in fund/financial analysis
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with attention to detail
- Interest in financial markets and ESG awareness
- Highly numerically literate
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Ability to concisely deliver information and well-organised reports and presentations
- Educated to degree level preferably with a relevant postgraduate qualification
- Ability to lead and motivate a team toward performance and development
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience
- You thrive in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment
- You are data-driven, analytical and detail oriented
- You are passionate about disrupting a traditional industry
- You are an all-round leader who takes initiative, responsibility and leads by example
- Ability to understand and interpret economic & investment issues and apply strategic thinking
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the wider impact of decisions taken across the investment spectrum
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria, please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact email@example.com
**Please note this position is based in Aldridge, West Midlands, United Kingdom**
*Interviews will be taking place immediately*
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Risk Management Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors