Who are We?
We’re Chandler Asset Management, an employee-owned and independent financial services company; our concentration centers on managing taxable fixed income portfolios that are aligned with our institutional clients’ needs. We manage more than $20 billion in assets and believe in the philosophy of creating value and managing risk with active management, using robust quantitative analysis and qualitative insights.
What do we value?
Great People with Great Values.
Integrity, service, excellence and teamwork are the values that define the culture at Chandler Asset Management.
These tenets, integral to accomplishing our mission, stem from our Core Company Values. These values stem not only from the high standards and vision of the people who built the firm, but also from our employees today.
What’s the job all about?
The Portfolio Manager will provide best in class portfolio management supporting the investment functions for our firm.
The primary focus of the position is managing short term investment grade portfolio management to provide safety, liquidity, and return for our clients and communicate the Chandler message to our clients and prospects.
The essential functions of the role also include:
- Day to day management and monitoring of client portfolios including portfolio structuring, evaluation, analysis, trading, and compliance
- Participation in Chandler’s investment committees
- Writing white papers for publication, distribution to our clients and prospective clients
- Providing oral presentations to industry groups and educational seminars
- Ensuring effective implementation investment strategies commensurate with each clients’ Investment Policy and risk profile
Who is ideal for this role?
The focus of this job is acting as a fiduciary managing fixed income portfolios for public agencies, healthcare organizations, and higher education entities. The portfolios are generally operating funds, bond proceeds and bond reserve funds. While the job requires strong initiative and self-direction, results are only achieved by collaboration with team members.
The ability to understand and adapt to changing market conditions, client needs, as well as participating and contributing to the portfolio management process are critical keys to the success of this position. Superior communication regarding investment strategies, outlooks and results to clients as well as having the ability to discuss and lead investment topics to industry groups is integral to this role. In general, the core of this position requires a motivated team player to deliver excellent results.
What can you bring to our team?
Would you define yourself as a self-motivated, proactive and performance-oriented portfolio manager with a passion for helping clients achieve their investment goals? We are seeking someone who is prompt and precise with a high-level of integrity that aligns with our values and commitment to our client-centered approach!
The ideal candidate is someone who has working knowledge of financial markets and fixed income markets, with strong analytical skills and the ability to be a collaborative contributor in a team environment. You have sincere appreciation for people and how they are uniquely motivated coupled with the initiative, dynamism and strong sense of responsibility to deliver the desired results!
This Team Member will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or closely related field and a CFA designation
- 5+ years of fixed income asset management experience
- The ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated initiative and strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player as well as autonomously
What we offer you!
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life & AD&D
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Accident & Critical Illness
- Employee Assistance
- Travel Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays
- 401k and ESOP retirement plans
- Fun Company Events
Ready to join our team?!
If you are a proven fixed income portfolio manager that’s got what it takes to be a part of our team, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. Chandler Asset Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Economics Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Trading Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors