Director, Institutional Sales
About the Role
Figure has an opportunity for a Director, Institutional Sales to join our innovative Capital Markets team. Reporting to the Head of Capital Markets, the Director will develop, improve, and execute on Figure’s funding strategy. You will source new transactional relationships obtaining best execution and diversification of funding for Figure’s credit products.
You will identify and develop new and creative financing structures to further optimize execution and diversification of funding. The Director, Institutional Sales will also partner internally with other teams to provide capital markets insight on revenue, strategy, and operations and have a big impact on Figure’s growth.
What you’ll do:
- Identify sales opportunities with new institutional investors
- Play a big part in the planning and implementation of the distribution strategy for Capital Markets
- Gain expertise on the competitive landscape, and explore and identify market opportunities for new and existing products including The Figure Home Equity Line, Mortgage products, and additional consumer loan products to come
- Own all parts of the sales cycle from initial contact to execution of loan purchase agreement
- Contribute to the structuring and negotiating of loan transactions; which may include detailed review and negotiation of term sheets and related deal documentation; creating memorandums presented to internal committees, engaging and negotiation with any third-party service providers; and any other deal closing responsibilities
- Coordinate new investor and ongoing due diligence process with functional areas of operation
- Develop and maintain monthly forecasting for all prospective and existing investor sales
- Analyze structured finance options, including warehouse facilities, loan sales, participations, and securitization to meet predetermined execution and revenue goals
- Assess capital markets environment, and work with other teams to continuously update targets for budget and operating model
What we look for:
- BS/BA in Finance, Business, Mathematics, Economics, or a related field
- 8+ years exposure to debt capital markets (asset-backed and mortgage-backed products preferred), with an established track record in institutional relationship management and fundraising, preferably with a focus on banks and credit unions
- Previous experience in Capital Markets or banking at a large financial institution, Fintech, Asset-backed or mortgage-backed securities issuer, Rating agency, Asset-backed securities or consulting firm required
- Strong communication skills to build relationships quickly and successfully navigate a startup environment
- An established network of industry relationships, and their key stakeholders
- Proven history of sourcing, developing and maintaining instructional investor relationships
- Deep industry knowledge of mortgage, home equity, and consumer loans required
- Strong proficiency across a wide range of traditional and alternative investment products
- Ability to develop distribution strategies that optimize for diversification of funding sources and execution
- Ability to collaborate and contribute to achieve team and company objectives
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and analyze individual situations and focus on a positive outcome
Figure Technologies creates innovative consumer financial solutions for home improvement, debt consolidation, and retirement while providing financial literacy and financial empowerment. Our mission is to build and promote innovative financial products on blockchain that benefit consumers and eliminate rent-seeking, illiquidity, and other inefficiencies present in current financial markets.
At Figure, we build really big things. And to build big, we need a company in which everyone is supported in doing their absolute best work. That is what culture means to us. We are a team of incredibly smart people who love architecting and building things from scratch. We know we are working with the absolute best and are challenged by our colleagues every day. We are the kind of people who wake up curious each morning and go to bed each night wanting to accomplish more.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a startup focused on solving real problems with blockchain and to work with a team of proven leaders who have created billions of dollars in value in the Fintech space. Join us!
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance based bonus
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
PLEASE APPLY HERE WITH YOUR RESUME FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION:
More searches like this
- Banking Fintech/Insurtech Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Brokerage Fintech/Insurtech Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Fintech/Insurtech Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Fintech/Insurtech Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Institutional Sales Fintech/Insurtech Full Time jobs in Bachelors