Job title: Analyst
The successful Analyst will work in collaboration with a team to support the Portfolio Manager in all aspects of the management of equity portfolios. The critical skillset required of the Analyst is to successfully identify, assess, and communicate investment ideas to the Portfolio Manager. The Analyst will be measured over and through time on the efficacy of investment recommendations. In addition, the analyst will be required on a day-to-day basis to:
- Build and maintain company and industry models, financial and value screens.
- Build and maintain marketing materials.
- Monitor the latest news/developments on the underlining stocks in the portfolio and evaluate the impacts on the stocks using qualitative and quantitative method. Also monitor macroeconomic news.
- Meet with company managements on a frequent basis through on-site company visits, conference calls and meetings in our own office.
- Communicate with existing/potential investors, and perform site visits, as needed.
- Monitor fund and portfolio company performance and review asset allocation and risk and return diversification.
The candidate needs to have a Bachelor's degree/ CA with 3-5 years of investment research/management experience. They should be able to demonstrate solid judgment, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to take a differentiated perspective, for instance through a track record in personal/ professional investments. The candidate should possess analytical skills including the ability to organize and synthesize data to reach conclusions. Familiarity with equity market databases including ACE/ Capitaline/Bloomberg, etc. is important. The job requires excellent verbal, written and communication skills along with strong organizational skills and ability to work well in a team environment. CFA candidates are preferred.
Vishuddha Capital Management is a boutique asset management company focused on the Indian equity markets. Vishuddha was founded by Aditya Sood, who has over 15 years experience in managing Indian equity portfolios and was most recently heading the PMS Portfolio Management Services function at ICICI Prudential AMC. Co-investment and functional independence are an essential part of our business strategy. The management of Vishuddha live by these principles and intend to build a team of skilled individuals with similar alignment of interest over time. Vishuddha Capital Management LLP is an equal opportunity employer.