The Portfolio Associate is an investment management role primarily supporting the Horizon One clients at Horizon Investments. The primary responsibilities of this role include portfolio monitoring and analysis, manager due diligence, investment universe evaluation, and overall market research in relation to client portfolios. This role will also represent Horizon’s investment management capabilities to clients by effectively communicating market views, allocation positioning, and in-depth knowledge of Horizon investment strategies. This person is expected to assist in research and analysis of ideas from team members or requested by clients as well as contribute actionable and original investment ideas tailored to client portfolios. The position will work closely with other members of the Horizon One team in evaluating client portfolios and maintaining strong relationships with ongoing clients. This role will also interact directly with other members of Horizon’s Investment Management team on a regular basis, providing ideas, research and analysis for Horizon’s proprietary strategies as applicable.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Monitor and evaluate client portfolios on an ongoing basis, providing research and analytics and suggesting portfolio recommendations, if necessary
- Analyze and evaluate client requests in regards to portfolio analysis and positioning of proposed solutions.
- Provide original allocation input, recommendations, research, and ideas into client portfolios.
- Assist in generation of market and portfolio commentary with respect to client positioning and outlook.
- Assist in database maintenance of investment strategies for use in client portfolios.
- Participate in weekly Horizon One team meeting to review current and prospective client relationships.
- Attend weekly Portfolio Management team meetings and provide research and proposals for allocation and selection ideas for proprietary Horizon strategies.
- Positive professional attitude with excellent customer service.
- Personal effectiveness/credibility.
- Thoroughness and focus on seeing things through.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in generating and effectively articulating investment views.
- Ability to understand client needs.
- Interest in demonstrating Horizon’s five corporate values: community, unity, fun, gratefulness, and ingenuity.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, economics, finance or business
Preferred Education and Experience
- Desire to expand skill set of investment activities including manager and strategy research, portfolio construction and implementation, portfolio measurement and monitoring, and investment policy statement construction.
- Knowledge of asset allocation modeling and economic analysis is highly beneficial.
- Familiarity with multi-asset investing and financial market analysis is valued.
- Progress towards relevant professional certifications (e.g., CFA, CAIA) with potential for reimbursement from Horizon.
Minimum Required Tasks OR Performance Evaluation Standards
- Quality of research and analysis for ongoing client portfolios
- Effectiveness in communicating research and analysis with prospective and current clients regarding portfolio allocations and potential manager or allocation changes
- Quality and measurement of original ideas for adoption and inclusion in client portfolios
- Quality and measurement of original ideas for adoption and inclusion in proprietary Horizon portfolios