Vacancy for Secretariat Manager
Indian Association of Investment Professionals (IAIP) has been incorporated as section 8 company under the Companies Act, 2013 with the objective of providing a networking forum / platform to its members who are majorly investment professionals and holders of the Chartered Financial Analyst designation in India and to arrange seminars, workshops, conferences to meet the Continuing Education requirements. Besides providing global networking opportunities to its members. The key objectives of IAIP are to promote ethical & professional standards and its significance within the investment industry, to facilitate the exchange of information and opinions among people within the investment community and to further the public’s understanding of the investment industry and CFA® designation.
We currently have an opening for the role of a Secretariat Manager on a Contract/Consultancy basis. The Secretariat Manager will be based in Mumbai and report to the Chief Executive Officer.
As a Secretariat Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day support and administration required in the functioning of IAIP. You will also support the IAIP Board and work with IAIP Committee Chairs in carrying out the responsibilities of the Board and the Committees. Your responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programs and Society Events: You will assist the CPD chair in organizing events, registering members and non-members attending events, give Continuing Education (CE) credits to members, and assist the CPD Committee in its sponsorship efforts.
- Membership/Volunteer: You will assist the Membership Committee Chair in executing membership renewal strategies as well as all activities required for recruiting and servicing members. You will also engage with members to detail them on volunteering activities and their orientation into Committees of their choice.
- Accounting and Administration: You will help in maintaining records for accounting and statutory compliance requirements; minutes of meetings; answering queries by email, fax or telephone; managing correspondence by researching and routing emails to the IAIP leadership and volunteer team; drafting emails, letters and documents; collecting and analysing IAIP related information; initiating calls with members and setting up conference calls for volunteers and other administrative duties as may be prescribed from time to time.
- Career Services: You will assist the Career Services Committee in contacting employers and helping improve the awareness of CFA program among employers.
- Research & Advocacy: You will assist the Research & Advocacy Committee in organizing events, maintaining a contact book of regulatory agencies personnel, coordinate activities of volunteers in different chapters and other advocacy administrative activities pertaining to corporate governance, investor awareness and investor education.
Language: English, written and spoken
Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Outlook, Internet
Prior experience in a Non-Profit environment preferred. Compensation will be as per industry standards. The expected start date for the role is April 1, 2019.