Chief Operating Office / Chief Financial Officer
Reporting to the President, the Chief Operating Officer / Chief Financial Officer will oversee all aspects of financial and operational controls and implementing the company’s strategic plan.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and business acumen to help the company effectively monitor and analyze financial results, develop actionable recommendations, ensure good governance, control risks, and expand its business platform.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as primary leader for the company’s finance and operations functions;
- Partner with the President on strategic planning initiatives and to formulate/execute business plans;
- Contribute by being a proactive member of senior management;
- Develop insightful and timely operational and financial analyses to make suitable business decisions;
- Oversee the firm’s systems, processes, workflows, and procedures to enable improved profitability and service;
- Develop annual corporate budgets and long-term projections;
- Develop financial reporting packages while overseeing the internal and external financial reporting processes;
- Maintain cash flow management policies and procedures, and ensure cash resources are available for daily operations;
- Oversee mutual fund accounting, portfolio accounting, and administration;
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS The company seeks a Chief Operating Officer / Chief Financial Officer with strong operational and financial skills and who has experience as a senior leader at an investment management firm. The following are other key qualifications:
- A proven finance and operations leader able to provide strategic perspectives and detailed insights, providing actionable strategic, operational, and financial recommendations and supporting analysis to the President;
- Experience in conducting and managing key technical aspects of the finance role relating to audit, financial controls, reporting and analysis, tax, payroll, retirement plans, and insurance;
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in the investment management industry and experience with mutual funds, institutional separate accounts, regulatory and investment industry matters;
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple diverse and often complex issues and/or projects;
- Must be able to lead through influencing and persuasion and relate to people in a credible manner;
- Sophisticated, mature, team-oriented, hard-working, detail oriented, energetic and collaborative;
- Minimum of 10 years of finance and operations experience;
- Undergraduate degree is required.
- Compliance knowledge is a plus.