Director/Sr. Director - Investment Portfolio Administration
JOB PURPOSE Responsible for supervising the Investment Department’s operational and administrative efforts required to maintain the investment portfolio, charitable gift annuity portfolios and trusts, as well as operational enterprise tasks. These efforts may include, but are not be limited to, acting as the main point of contact for internal and external audit, submitting recurring regulatory reports, setting up investment fund accounts and submitting corresponding documentation, reviewing of key legal documents associated with underlying investment managers, and collaborating with the Gift Planning and Finance Departments regarding fund accounting and/or unitization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interpret, proactively review and discuss with investment managers and the investment consultant, legal documents regarding an investment with a new manager, disposition of an existing manager or legal addendums. Suggest necessary courses of action to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO). Ensure all documents are submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Act as the lead for the department’s participation in the external audit, developing the appropriate assignment of tasks and working fluently with ALSAC’s external auditors, Finance Department and Investment Department staff. Directly responsible for the preparation of documents in advance of the external audit, as well as providing roll forward calculations and other data sets that may be required by the external auditor.
- Manage document submissions, logistics and execution of items stemming from internal audits. This shall include but not be limited to working with the internal auditors to understand their position and constructing or adjusting procedures to achieve the goals set by the internal audit. Additionally, the position will be responsible for working with the CIO through the internal audit and providing a proper workflow design to make sure the action items from the audit are completed in the agreed time frame with internal audit.
- Oversee the compilation of monthly portfolio data needed to submit mandatory regulatory documents to the Federal Reserve or other regulatory entities.
- Overall responsibility for the Investment Department’s business continuity plan. Participates in routine business continuity meetings and exercises.
- Monitor the Investment Department email inbox to ensure all legal, regulatory, and fund administration requirements are properly processed.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs other various job functions as may be assigned.
- Oversee, with support from the Investment Department’s Manager of Operations, the job duties assigned to the department as part of ALSACs Business Continuity Management Program, including annual maintenance and testing of business continuity, disaster recovery and emergency response plans.