Senior Investment Analyst
We are a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
FM Global Investment Management (FMGIM) has an opportunity for a Senior Equity Analyst experienced in the Financials’ Sector to join the firm’s internal portfolio management team working closely with the Portfolio Managers. The Investment team supports FMGIM’s SVP Investments, Chief Investment Officer in managing the US Large Cap internal equity portfolio, currently over $5 billion. The primarily large cap domestic portfolio is managed with a bottom-up fundamental orientation focusing heavily on company valuation. As a senior analyst, you will add value to our team through your unique combination of analytical rigor, creativity and sound judgement, which come together to form uncommon insights leading to excellent investment opportunities that generate a total return above the assigned benchmark.
- Maintain coverage of the Financials Sector
- Research and analyze industry and company fundamentals with the goal of developing insightful judgements and opinions
- Assess stock attractiveness by translating those insights into valuation estimates using multiple methods to yield stock investment recommendations for the Portfolio Managers’ review that outperform the assigned benchmark
- Communicate recommendations to Portfolio Managers verbally and in written reports
- Contribute to the departments success outside of assigned industry coverage by exploring broad investment issues and potentially undertaking investment related ad hoc projects
- Qualifications - External:
Our investment team members are passionate about investing and value the collegial environment that allows for intellectual curiosity and debate. The successful candidate will be comfortable in this environment as well as possess the following qualifications/qualities:
- CFA required / MBA preferred
- A minimum of ten (10) years of investments experience with at least seven (7) years of analytical work focused on bottom-up fundamental company research.
- Solid understanding of accounting, economics, the workings of financial markets, computer tools (Excel, various databases, Bloomberg, FactSet)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to distill and convey data and insights clearly and concisely
- Ability to sort through a large amount of information to determine the key issues and to think quantitatively and assess probabilities of risk and return without complete information
- Demonstrated interest in identifying value-creating business models and an understanding of opportunity/risk balance
- Philosophical alignment with the team’s investment process
- Driven self-starter who is energized by working in a competitive industry
- Independent thinker comfortable with voicing own opinions