Senior Investment Analyst
UPS is seeking to fill several Senior Investment Analyst positions in the pension investments group. These positions are available for the following disciplines: Risk and Investment Strategy, Public Equities, Fixed Income, and Private Markets (Real Estate, Private Equity and Credit). Generally, the responsibilities are the similar across all the positions; however, each discipline will be seeking specific skill relevant to that function.
The Senior Investment Analyst provides a significant level of support (e.g., research, recommendations, analysis, etc.) for the Portfolio Managers (PMs) and Investments Director. He/She researches and analyzes data to support the senior Investments staff in making critical investment, portfolio management, and strategic planning decisions. This position researches and analyzes information for specific asset classes (e.g., equity, fixed income, real estate, etc.) in support of due diligence activities and provides recommendations (e.g., investment strategies, managers, tools, etc.) to senior Investments staff. The Senior Investment Analyst may supervise others within the department.
Each Senior Investments Analyst position is a part of the Investments group and supports efforts related to that specific discipline (i.e, Risk, Public Equities, Fixed Income, Private Markets – Real Estate, Credit and Private Equity). He/She is responsible for reporting, financial modeling, research, market analysis, fee and expense analysis, manager due diligence and various ad hoc projects based on defined investment objectives. The Senior Investments Analyst actively participates in discussions regarding portfolio composition, potential asset/investment managers, and macro-economic conditions including potential impact on the portfolio. He/She enjoys working in a collaborative environment, is organized, can work self-directed, and has desire to learn about private investment characteristics and modeling approaches. This position must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point as well as strong verbal and written skills.
- Implements reporting schedules to satisfy individual asset class reporting obligations in a timely manner.
- Reviews and analyzes portfolio performance reports for specific asset classes to highlight areas of over- and under-performance and to identify areas requiring in-depth analysis.
- Performs follow-up analysis to provide adequate explanations for areas of over- and under-performance.
- Provides support for the review of financial statements and performance reports and reports findings to PMs to ensure no material weaknesses in external investment manager controls and reports and to monitor the financial position of investments.
- Provides support for monitoring investment performance with established metrics (e.g., benchmarks, expected risks and returns, strategies, etc.) to ensure investments perform as expected, enable timely corrective action, and minimize negative exposure.
- Performs research and analysis on investment strategies to provide senior Investments staff with a current view of the investment universe.
- Collaborates with the PMs to identify key characteristics by asset class and to develop screening tools for efficient and effective evaluation of investment opportunities.
- Reviews investment offering memoranda to identify investments meeting portfolio objectives and requiring further diligence.
- Collaborates with the team to conduct specific asset class research (e.g., portfolio construction, performance, risk exposure, etc.), evaluate alternative approaches, identify improvement areas, and develop documented recommendations.
- Develops analytical tools based on research to support the evaluation and implementation of recommendations.
- Maintains a dialogue with industry participants to develop insights into existing investment managers, cultivate new external investment manager relationships, and identify best practices.
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Asset Owner Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Asset Owner Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Owner Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Owner Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Owner Full Time jobs in Bachelors