Junior Investment Performance Associate
Cambridge Associates is a leading global investment firm. We work with non-profit institutions, pension plans, and private clients to build investment portfolios that help them meet their philanthropic goals, pensioners' obligations, or personal endeavors. Our goal is to meet clients wherever they are in the investment process. We offer a variety of services to complement those needs, from acting as an outsourced investment office to providing access to our world-class digital research platform. Committed to independence since our founding more than 40 years ago, we are motivated only by what is best for our clients.
Our clients trust the experience, leadership, and integrity of our investment professionals. We have a global team of outstanding investment advisors and an extensive research platform to support them. With more than 1,200 employees in eleven locations around the globe, we are constantly looking to discover new ideas for our clients' portfolios. This extensive network helps us to identify and access the best global investment opportunities all over the world.
The Performance Reporting Group (PRG) is tasked with supporting the firm's investment practice through the production of monthly and quarterly performance reports. PRG offers three performance report products including total portfolio, hedge funds, and private investments - publishing approximately 17,000 reports annually. C|A's investment teams use the reports as a tool to analyze asset allocations and total performance returns of various investment managers and to provide information on the investment strategy applied by each fund. The reports also assist our clients in making decisions about their portfolio structures. PRG team members are focused on efficiently producing high-quality products and providing superior customer service to the C|A investment teams they support.
Junior Investment Performance Associates are responsible for all aspects of performance report production; including data input, exhibit generation, quality control, and client portfolio administration. The position is operations focused and includes back to middle office responsibilities to support C|A's multiple services. The Junior Investment Performance Associate role is a great entry into the financial services industry and provides a wealth of opportunities to develop professional skills in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
• Exposure to a robust data platform expanding across both public and private asset classes
• An onboarding program that acclimates new team members to the firm and job responsibilities
• Opportunity to stretch professional abilities through junior-level leadership roles and teams including: professional development, recruiting, and finance knowledge
• Opportunity to become involved in colleague to colleague training and knowledge-sharing sessions
• Support and sponsorship for professional designations such as CFA, CAIA, CIPM, etc
• Sponsored community service activities
• Assume ownership and accountability for the generation and delivery of monthly and quarterly performance reports to investment teams for multiple client assignments
• Input data into proprietary database and maintain high accuracy of reports through extensive quality checking procedures
• Reconcile and track all money movements within client portfolios (e.g., investment manager subscriptions/redemptions, cash flows, private investment commitments, spending) through communication with internal and external parties
• Compare product returns to benchmarks; analyze and document any variances in the reported figures
• Create and maintain custom benchmarks
• Proactively communicate and address requests related to investment performance, deviations from benchmarks and asset allocation targets, and portfolio movements to C|A investment teams
• Fulfill time-sensitive data requests and provide professional customer service to C|A investment teams and clients
• Based on a thorough understanding of individual client needs, provide recommendations to investment teams for displaying performance results through the performance reporting products
• Other duties as assigned, as earned, and as the group evolves
• Attention to detail and experience reconciling data across multiple sources
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to interact efficiently with a wide range of investment teams and colleagues across different time zones and cultures
• Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work on multiple projects/client assignments simultaneously, while ensuring timeliness and accuracy
• Adopt a proactive, customer-service oriented approach
• Ability to work independently and collectively as part of a team
• Highly motivated, self-starting, positive attitude, with intense desire to work hard and make an impact by improving processes
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
• Interest in gaining knowledge about investment vehicles and asset classes
• Bachelor's degree (all majors are welcome)
• Up to 2 years of work experience
• Experience with investment portfolio accounting or performance measurement (preferred but not essential)