Corporate Planning & Strategy Analyst
A career at Obsidian Energy means working for a company with a dominant position in light oil in Canada, where safety is valued, high performance matters and potential is realized. Continuous improvement is a cornerstone in Obsidian Energy’s evolving culture and it is critical to our pursuit in becoming the company that redefines oil and gas excellence in western Canada. Obsidian Energy is becoming a performance leader in the areas in which we operate and we continue to look for the people who see the opportunity before us – to be the best, to put us on top and keep us on top.
Posting Close Date: January 31, 2019
This role will participate in the department’s key accountabilities of long term budget and planning, scenario modelling, performance reporting and providing market and business intelligence.
Duties include the following, but are not limited to:
- Operation, analysis and insightful communication of the corporate model;
- Provide supplementary and ad hoc financial analysis, particularly relating to equity and debt capital market activities, M&A&D transactions and asset valuations;
- Prepare internal project economics;
- Prepare and analyze annual budget and long-term plan materials, including Board materials;
- Preparation and analysis of performance reporting materials which includes both monthly forecasts and quarterly business reviews; and
- Support other stakeholders within Obsidian Energy, as directed.
- Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent degree applicable to the energy industry;
- Enrolment in/completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program is preferred;
- 3-5 years of Financial Markets experience, preferably in Investment Banking, Research, or Wealth Management;
- Understanding of key oil and gas financial metrics;
- Strong work ethic and appreciation of time-sensitive deliverables;
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with associated confidence to effectively correspond with senior management and other levels of the organization;
- Superior financial modelling, Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Expectation to maintain the strictest confidentiality; and
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
What Makes Us Attractive
Obsidian Energy is more than just a place to work - it’s a community of professionals who are truly committed to the continuous evolution of the company, and have interest in its success.
We value our employees and their commitment to the organization and we recognize their contribution to the ongoing success of Obsidian Energy. Some of the highlights of our competitive rewards program include:
- Retirement savings plan
- Attractive annual bonus plan
- Long term incentive plans
- Attractive personal time-off plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
To apply for this position please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 31, 2019, with the job posting title in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest in Obsidian Energy and this position: however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a screening, including a criminal record check.
More searches like this
- Commodities Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Economics Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Full Time jobs in Bachelors