Fixed Income Credit Analyst
Segall Bryant & Hamill is an independent investment firm headquartered in Chicago, Illinois with offices in Denver, CO; St. Louis, MO; Philadelphia, PA; and Naples, FL. Since our founding in 1994, we have grown to close to $20.2 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2018. We provide fee-based investment management of equity, fixed income and balanced investment portfolios. Our growing client list includes high net worth individuals and families, endowments, foundations, corporations, hospitals, public funds and multi-employer plans across the country.
Job Title: Fixed Income Credit Analyst
Category: Fixed Income
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Denver, Colorado or Chicago, Illinois
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Fixed income credit analysts on the Segall Bryant & Hamill (SBH) fixed income team are expected to act in a highly ethical and professional manner while performing rigorous bottom-up fundamental research of corporate issuers to contribute toward the over-riding group’s goal of providing high quality investment solutions for our clients. We anticipate that the success of our clients will in turn provide growth and career enhancement opportunities for members of our team.
In general, (SBH) fixed income credit analysts are responsible for providing independent, detail-oriented analysis within the SBH credit research process framework that aids portfolio managers in the evaluation of buy/sell decisions and the monitoring of securities held in clients’ portfolios. Analysts are expected to communicate with portfolio managers regarding the fundamental data concerning their sectors and issuers, project a “forward-looking” independent outlook for those areas of focus and the expected impact to the underlying competitive positioning and credit fundamentals of underlying bond issues. Overall, the focus of analysts is aiding the portfolio managers in the determination of investments in quality issuers and forecasting the outlook for such issuers while identifying the risks associated with the investment.
Analysts are tasked with certain consistent and repeated responsibilities including the maintenance of financial statement models and the quality evaluation/risk monitoring screens. Analysts may also be tasked with performing additional responsibilities related to portfolio analytics and marketing/client presentations.
• Credit research experience - position requires previous fundamental research experience and sound understanding of fixed income markets
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field; advanced degree preferred
• CFA designation preferred
• High proficiency in Excel (financial modeling) and Bloomberg, strong computer application skills necessary
• Qualified individuals must have intellectual curiosity and the ability to frame and solve a problem quickly without a high degree of guidance; self-starter with a strong work ethic
• Detail oriented and a critical thinker
• Embrace working in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task
Demands of Position:
• Work week is in excess of 40 hours
• Occasional travel, perhaps quarterly
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Fixed Income Research: Sell Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters