Director - Real Estate Finance
Link Asset Services is a fast growing, dynamic business with market leading positions across our areas of expertise - funds, market services, corporates and private client, and banking and credit management services. With offices across the UK and Europe we are part of Link Group who are headquartered in Australia. A truly global organisation, Link Group provides us with a strong platform to realise our growth ambitions and continue to build on our success.
You can play a key part in this - at Link Asset Services we recognise the importance of supporting and developing our people, so we listen to colleagues, train our teams and invest in great working environments. Add to that a culture that champions respect and integrity, a diverse and inclusive colleague base and a commitment to positively influence the communities we work with and you'll get a flavour of life at Link. At the bottom of this role advert, you'll find more information on why you'll enjoy working with us.
Link Real Estate Finance focuses on sourcing and delivering financing for investors and developers. The team assists clients in establishing long term relationships with the most suitable lenders, on optimal financing terms. Link Real Estate Finance operates in core Western European markets across all real estate asset classes.
Link Real Estate Finance is part of Link Group's Asset Services division which is a leading global provider of financial service solutions. We administer and safeguard more than £600bn of assets across 11 highly-regulated European jurisdictions, and provide services to more than 7,000 clients, including asset managers and investors, business managers, asset owners, issuers and borrowers. Asset Services offers a complete suite of corporate, trustee and loan administration services to entities established by global financial institutions, investment management firms, hedge funds and alternative lenders to facilitate securitisation, structured and international finance transactions.
A Director will be responsible for the origination and distribution of senior, junior and mezzanine real estate loans servicing both institutional and corporate clients in often complex structured debt transactions throughout Europe but with a specific focus on Continental European markets.
The job holder will be expected to underwrite and determine the viability of a funding package before entering into a formal engagement and making an approach to a lender(s).
The role includes:
- Identifying clients and sourcing loan origination mandates through an existing industry contact base;
- Building connections within the Link Group in order to source mandates;
- Expanding client relationships across new European jurisdictions utilising the existing Group infrastructure;
- Maintaining and expanding relationships across European lending institutions;
- Leading execution of loan origination mandates supported by team and group resources;
- Underwriting and evaluating funding requirements based on client and market information;
- Running cash flow analysis to demonstrate client returns & debt serviceability;
- Sourcing appropriate funding offers from lenders and negotiating commercial aspects of the Heads of Terms and loan documentation;
- Providing support and assistance to ensure speedy completion of the transaction (liaise with lenders, valuers, lawyers, agents, accountants and other professional parties as appropriate);
- Contributing to the formation and execution of business development strategy as well as playing an active part in the setting of annual business targets and using best endeavor to help the team exceed annual targets;
- Supporting strategic advisory projects within the Link Group, when required;
- Contributing to, and potentially leading, marketing and research projects, when required; and
- Supporting junior team members in advancing their careers within the team.
- Approx. 10 years' experience in Commercial Real Estate Finance, preferably in loan origination across Continental European markets
- Professional qualifications such as CFA or accountancy qualifications will be looked on favourably
- European language skills
- Hold a current and existing network of banking professionals and/or investors and developers
- High level of analytical & underwriting skills
- The ability to establish and develop relationships to build a position of trust with both clients and lenders
- Ability to work in a team based environment as well as independently
- Must commit to maintain strict confidence regarding all sensitive information
- Ability to efficiently manage projects and people to achieve strong results
Link Group's purpose statement ‘Together we achieve' reflects how much we value working together: with each other; with our clients; and with third parties, to help everyone achieve success - both personal and professional
We have an ongoing commitment to career progression, training and education as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package that under pins this.
At Link, you'll find we support achievement and celebrate success. So, if you want to be a part of this, click the ‘I'm Interested' or Apply button.