Senior Investment Manager Illiquid Assets CH, 80 - 100%
Within the Zurich Group, we are a community of about 500 investment professionals worldwide. Being responsible for managing Zurich's own assets of about 200 billion dollars, we are an important partner for the Group's insurance business. Investment Management Switzerland manages assets of over CHF 33 billion.
Our people are at the core of what we do. We recognize that people and culture are important for our business. This defines how we hire, develop and motivate our people. We welcome diversity and are proud to offer a broad range of flexible work environments that allow you to balance work and private life.
To complete our team, we are looking for you: As an excellent team player, you are excited about working in a diverse environment. You are a creative thinker who challenges conventional wisdom and helps us to further improve the way we generate value for Zurich. If you are passionate about what you do and have a positive can-do attitude, then we are your employer.
As a Senior Investment Manager Illiquid Assets your main responsibilities will involve:
- Implement investment strategies across the balance sheets in scope for Illiquid Assets with focus on achieving superior return through efficient execution, management of risks and optimal construction of Illiquid Asset portfolios (Real Estate, Mortgages, Private Equity/Hedge Funds and Private Debt, such as Infrastructure, Senior Secured Loans and CLOs)
- Monitor the asset allocation of illiquid assets of the local balance sheets to ensure it is in line with the approved Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) and local regulation(s)
- Monitor the external and internal Asset Managers of illiquid assets and ensure superior investment performance within the constraints of the given mandate. Understand and review with the manager deviation from the benchmark return and implement actions if necessary.
- Monitor the asset managers to ensure the effective management of investment portfolios and compliance with IM/Group guidelines and risk policies
- Negotiate and agree on contracts with external asset managers and service providers for illiquid assets
- Define and control financial targets for asset managers
- Plan, forecast and report on Investment management related areas
- Support local country Chief Investment Officer in managing relationship with bankers, existing and prospective external investment managers for illiquid assets
- Definition of investment guidelines for Illiquid Assets portfolios
- Review single Infrastructure and Real Estate transactions with a focus on risks factors, portfolio construction and overall portfolio diversification and discuss appropriateness of the transactions with asset managers
- Research, develop and propose appropriate income/return enhancement strategies or new investment opportunities to support IM objectives within the illiquid investment universe
- Lead the implementation of illiquid asset-related initiatives to improve processes, develop policies and generate innovation
- Ensure investment governance and controls, compliance with regulations and internal control framework
Your Skills and Experience
As a Senior Investment Manager Illiquid Assets your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Masters degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) qualification preferred
5+ years of relevant senior work experience in investment / asset management, preferably including exposure to the insurance industry
Solid and deep familiarity with capital markets and their dynamics, associated risk and sound knowledge of liquid and illiquid instruments
Solid familiarity with valuation methodologies, understanding of accounting issues (esp. investment accounting), issues of business strategy implementation. Broad understanding of implications of Solvency II and Swiss Solvency Test (SST) for the investment strategy
Ability to communicate and relate to executives and board members of portfolio principal companies
- Very good team player
High level of commitment and dedication to the goals of the department and the company
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German, very good skills in English