Municipal Research Analyst
Prime Advisors, Inc. is seeking a municipal research analyst to work in its Redmond, WA office. This position will be a key member of the investment team which deals with municipal, corporate, structured, and equity assets, with a primary focus on the municipal market. This position works market hours from 5:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
Prime Advisors, Inc. manages investment portfolios for institutional and high net worth clients. Founded in 1988, Prime has developed a disciplined approach to working with our clients to establish investment strategies that are linked to their unique financial goals and objectives. On June 30, 2015, Prime Advisors, Inc. entered into an agreement with Sun Life Financial Inc. in which Prime now operates as a standalone subsidiary under the Sun Life Financial umbrella.
We believe diversity is the foundation for understanding the needs of our clients and care about the mental, physical and financial well-being of our employees.
- Research and perform fundamental credit analysis of municipal issuers to assess financial and operational strength, bond structure, and suitability for Prime’s clients
- Document research and investment recommendations for a variety of audiences - internal use by traders and portfolio managers, inclusion in our research database, client presentations or reports, etc.
- Prepare reports or presentations relating to the municipal market in response to client questions or requests
- Give presentations to clients on the municipal market, portfolio holdings, sector outlooks, etc.
- Monitor economic, demographic, regulatory, legal, and political changes to determine the impact on municipal issuers, sectors and investment strategy
- Work across the organization with traders, portfolio managers, accountants, and actuaries to respond to client requests
- Support growth by working on prospective client portfolio reviews, finals presentations, etc.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, effectively manage and coordinate multiple projects and tasks
- Strong attention to detail given the importance of client reporting and bond structure in the municipal market
- Strong presentation skills
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- A collaborative work style and positive attitude
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Bloomberg and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to remain calm and objective in the face of periods of excessive optimism or extreme pessimism in the capital markets.
- 3-5 years of municipal research experience
- Undergraduate degree
- MBA and/or CFA or CFA candidacy a plus
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must be able to respond negatively to a Disciplinary History Questionnaire as required by securities regulations
Hours: 5:30 AM to 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time