Global Bonds Associate Analyst-Securitized
Apply online at http://bit.ly/2RiGp1L
Job Title: Global Bonds Associate Analyst-Securitized
Reports To: Securitized Portfolio Manager – Lead
Department: Global Bonds
Number of Openings: 1
Pay Range: $34.22 - $42.78 / hourly or $71,177.60 - $88,982.40 with eligibility to participate in OPERS Incentive Compensation Program
FLSA Status: Exempt
Accepting Applications: 01/07/2019 – 02/07/2019
Accepting Applications Internally: Yes
Accepting Applications Externally: Yes
*Please read the OPERS Personal Trading Policy prior to applying. All candidates must be able to abide by the policy in order to be considered for employment.
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Securitized Portfolio Manager - Lead, the Analyst will be responsible for assisting in the management of the Securitized portfolios.
1. Monitor external industry experts and seek additional information sources to evaluate fundamentals of the Securitized sector and potential portfolio impacts.
2. Develop a systematic approach to monitoring collateral performance and the structural evolution of existing holdings.
3. Assist in the creation of periodic reports including portfolio risk analytics, monthly attribution and sector commentary.
4. Research, develop and maintain an informed opinion on macroeconomic factors and their impact on security selection, duration/yield curve positioning, and securitized and fixed income sector allocations.
5. Develop knowledge of all Securitized sectors permitted within guidelines (currently includes securities collateralized by residential, commercial, corporate and consumer loans). Evaluate new Securitized sectors for relative value and applicability to the Securitized portfolios. Present trade ideas as opportunity presents.
6. Develop an understanding of derivative products and their role in Securitized portfolios.
7. Work with the Securitized team and other members of the Global Bonds team to develop investment strategies.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• High school diploma or GED/ Required
• Bachelor’s degree / Required
• Master’s degree / Preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. / Required
• Ability to embrace and adapt to the ever-changing investment and organizational environment. / Required
• High level of ability to: write business correspondence and effectively respond to questions concerning communication related topics./ Required
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. / Required
• 2 years of data analytics, data modeling, quantitative analysis or similar experience / Required
• Investments experience / Strongly Preferred
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access / Required
• Experience with SQL, Scripting and VBA / Required
• Experience with Bloomberg, Intex and Trepp / Preferred
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) (or progress towards completion) strongly desired. / Preferred
• Registration and licensure with the State of Ohio Security Commission required. Within six months of hire, the candidate must meet the eligibility requirements to be licensed as a State Retirement System Investment Officer (SRSIO), which requires either:
1. Having achieved a passing scored on one of the following:
a) Series 63 exam administered by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
b) Series 65
c) Series 66
d) Level One of the Chartered Financial Analyst designation, or
2. Earning and being in good standing with the organization that issues any of the following credentials:
a) Chartered Financial Analyst
b) Chartered Financial Consultant,
c) Chartered Investment Counselor
d) Certified Public Accountant with a personal financial specialist designation
Physical Requirements* (if applicable) *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions. If repetitive physical movement is required to perform the essential functions of the position, please discuss with HR.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills and responsibilities required. The Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Postings are typically available for five business days. OPERS retains the right to change, update, close and/or otherwise modify this job posting at its discretion for any reason and at any time.