Head - Cash Balance Plan Sales
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Product Mgmt
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18066814
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
The Law Firm Group Investment Team is responsible for providing best-in-class investment advice and solutions for law firms and their partners. This role will dually report to the Head of the Law Firm Group Investments and the Head of North American Investments.
• Serve as the lead institutional investment counselor and senior expert in support of the Law Firm Group's institutional (firm level) business, specifically for mandates related to cash balance, pension plans and some non-qualified plans
• Interface with institutional clients and prospects and communicate market views and investment strategies
• Spearhead development of institutionally-focused intellectual capital & thought leadership
• Partner with Citi Private Bank bankers in business development efforts (including preliminary discussions through finals presentations) as well as ongoing client relationship management
• Partner with third parties who offer services beyond those from Citi Private Bank to ensure a tip-to-tip solution for clients
The candidate should have significant (15+ years) investment or asset management related experience. Prior experience in a senior role within the investment consulting industry would also apply. Experience and detailed knowledge of the 401k space would also be of interest. An applicable graduate degree or other professional designations (such as CFA or CAIA) would be preferred, as would existing licenses (Series 7, 63, 65, etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to serve clients at a very high level
• Ability to successfully navigate a complex cross-business environment is important
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Experience presenting to small and large audiences and must be comfortable in one-on-one client's meetings
• Experience with the unique needs of cash balance plans, defined benefit plans and non-qualified plans
• Excellent client relationship management skills
• Detail oriented with an ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities while forming and fostering high-functioning partnerships with colleagues
• Leadership skills and the ability to work as a team player across a number of business groups and functions.
• Ability to think strategically and act pragmatically
• Anticipated travel (~35%)