Senior Investment Analyst / Portfolio Manager (Healthcare experience)
Northeast Ohio investment company seeks a senior investment professional / health care PM to join its Investment Research Team. The individual should have 7-10 years of experience in the financial services industry within an equities investing role and decision making responsibilities. The ability to analyze companies, their opportunity, and understand valuation methodology are essential. The firm manages over $700 million in assets for institutions, high net-worth individuals, and foundations. Products are managed under a team approach that requires a high degree of collaboration, team work, and communication. Experience within Healthcare and/or Financials is beneficial. A track record within the Health Care sector, or direct experience covering heath care, pharma, biotech, or medtech would be highly beneficial.
- Source, evaluate and monitor investment opportunities across the US market for the firm’s multiple strategies & portfolios.
- Publish quarterly market commentaries and economic analysis.
- Interact with portfolio company management and Wall Street sell-side analysts to monitor existing holdings.
- Present to an external Board of Directors the performance of products, the economy, and trends within the industry.
- Attend client performance reviews and represent the firm at industry conferences and the media as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong intellectual curiosity.
- A passion for research and analysis.
- Problem solving skills.
- Independent thinker.
- Team player with a strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently.
- Strong qualitative, quantitative and communications skills.
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Bloomberg and Advents product suit.
- Buy-side work experience preferred.
- BA required, MBA & CFA preferred.
- 15% travel.
- US Work Permit Required.
- Full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Profit Sharing Plan).
- Local Candidates preferred.
Email applications only. No phone calls please.