Analyst - Trader
Matco Financial Inc. – Analyst/Trader
Matco Financial Inc. is an established investment management firm focused on growth and culture while delivering best in class investment management services for our clients. We are an employee owned firm in located in Calgary, Alberta that offers its employees a wide breadth of opportunity to grow within and alongside the company.
We are seeking a motivated investment professional for a trader/analyst position. The dual role structure of this opportunity will provide the individual with a wider breadth of responsibility and greater opportunity to add value within the firm.
The trading aspect of the role will include pre-trade analysis, execution and settlements. As with any trading role, best execution will be the primary responsibility of the trader. The individual will also be tasked with developing, maintaining and building relationships with trade counter-parties.
- Pre-trade analysis
- Mutual fund trade execution
- Equity trade execution
- Fixed income and bond trade execution
- Foreign exchange, currency hedging and conversion execution
- Model portfolio trade amalgamation and preparation
- Model portfolio maintenance
The analyst aspect of the role will include assisting and contributing as a member of the investment management team through data compilation, research and analysis. The analyst will work alongside the investment team, becoming familiar with the Matco investment management process.
- Equity market analysis
- Fixed income market analysis
- Economic analysis
- Bottom-up company research
- Amalgamating quarter end data for various outputs
- Calculating and maintaining performance data for investment funds/platform
Skill-set and behavioural competencies that will compliment the execution of the role
- Analytical mind-set
- Detail oriented
- Organized, with the ability to manage timelines and a demanding schedule
- Ability to collaborate well with other functional groups in a team environment
- Passion for capital markets and investment management
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, eager to work within a growing company
- Undergraduate degree in Business/Finance
- 0-2 years of experience in the investment industry
- Designations and courses completed related to the finance/investment industry will be viewed as an asset
- Enrollment in the CFA program will be viewed as a strong asset
The role will offer a competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive benefits plan. The analyst will work alongside the investment team, learning and developing their skills as an investment manager with the intent to progress within the investment team. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated investment professional seeking a strong internal culture focused on team-based execution.
Application deadline for the role is March 1, 2019. To apply for this position please submit your application to email@example.com, including “Analyst-Trader” in the subject line. We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for interview will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Economics Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Trading Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors