Manager Research Analyst
Wilshire Associates Incorporated is a global investment advisory firm that offers customized, institutionally based solutions to meet the investment needs of our clients. Wilshire seeks an Analyst to join its dedicated Manager Research Team. This team of professionals provides investment manager due diligence, rating, and recommendation support to Wilshire Funds Management (WFM) portfolio managers and clients, as well as to Wilshire’s Consulting Division. The Analyst position is suited for people who have recently graduated from college and have some professional working experience. An Analyst will work closely with senior investment team members and will develop professional skills in a variety of areas. We are looking to identity self-motivated candidates with strong academic backgrounds and professional drive.
WFM is dedicated to providing customized investment solutions in the areas of manager research, asset allocation portfolio construction, and risk management to institutional and intermediary clients.
Wilshire's Consulting division, established in 1981, is well known and respected for providing investment consulting services to large pension funds, endowments, foundations and insurance companies.
- Support the team’s senior manager research professionals in all aspects of manager due diligence.
- Tasks include, but are not limited to, generating quantitative analysis, preparing reports and presentations, data collection and organization.
- Opportunity to participate in hedge fund manager meetings once the analyst demonstrates mastery of core responsibilities.
- Support other investment activities related to market analysis, performance analysis, investment research, and client servicing.
- Attend all internal weekly investment research meetings as well as Investment Committee meetings.
Required Skills and Background:
- BA/BS degree required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and quantitative and analytical ability required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Desired Skills and Background:
- Business and finance related majors preferred
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience preferred
- Progress towards or desire to participate in the CFA and CAIA programs is preferred
- Knowledge of investments and interest in capital markets and hedge fund/alternative investments is highly desired
- Strong Microsoft Office application skills desired
- Experience with Visual Basic for Applications preferred but not required
- Attentive to detail and accuracy
- Team player and client centric
- An international, dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment.
- Competitive compensation package, including a bonus opportunity.
- 3 weeks of vacation, 8 paid holidays per year.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k)/Medical/Dental/Vision insurance.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
Wilshire Associates Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Wilshire Associates Incorporated is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.