3 days left
This position is responsible for implementing the firm's investment philosophy and maintaining the consistency of the investment process by managing client portfolios.
This position performs the following job responsibilities or statement of work deliverables:
1. Make recommendations to improve the firm's portfolio management results and processes.
2. Assist with documenting the firm's portfolio management philosophy and processes.
3. Meet with Senior Partner to discuss trends in market practice and clients' needs so that potential revenue generating opportunities can be identified.
4. Actively manage individual client portfolios to ensure that they align with the firm's model portfolio.
5. Rebalance portfolios as needed to maintain client risk profiles and verify account suitability.
6. Utilize Ben Graham methodology for individual security analysis.
7. Proactively communicate portfolio changes with the firm's financial advisors to assist them in understanding the reasons for the adjustments.
8. Prepare hypothetical investment recommendations for additional investment funds.
9. Consult with advisors as new sales opportunities are identified.
10. Participate in client meetings as requested.
11. Prepare investment recommendations for financial advisors.
12. Consistently implement the firm's investment research by way of portfolio management.
13. Document investment philosophy and ensure that all advisors understand it.
14. Document changes to investment philosophy and communicate changes to all financial advisors.
15. Conduct appriate due diligence with the firm's investment research by actively identifying changes in investment funds, sub accounts and securities.
16. Identify new opportunities to enhance the firm's investment philosophy and portfolio.
17. Communicate research findings to all financial advisors.
18. Maintain relationships with wholesalers.
19. Continuously monitor securities with a priority buy/sell
20. Manage buy/sell orders actively through to conclusion to ensure that the buy/sell is made within a timely manner to achieve the best outcomes for clients.
21. Actively research stock market, variable insurance products and investment environment to gain a clear understanding of their implications on the firm's investment strategies.
22. Attend appropriate courses and participate in training and development to gain an understanding of leading-edge investment practices.
23. Adhere to the firm’s professional competencies, ethical standards, operating policies and procedures, legislative compliance standards and cultural values.
24. Escalate to Senior Partner/CEO any client investment issues that are beyond the technical capabilities of the Portfolio Manager or are outside of compliance standards.
25. Maintain relationships with strategic alliance partners in a manner that ensures adherence to investment compliance standards.
- Expert technical knowledge, ensuring the ability to establish investment strategies and solutions to complex and multi-faceted issues
- Extensive understanding of the stock market
- Extensive understanding of the financial planning process
- Extensive understanding of compliance standards
- Extensive understanding of the trends in the financial services industry
- Maintenance of all professional qualifications
- CFA required, CFP desired
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Understands impact of role on the overall business (commercially focussed)
- Focused on developing self and others
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Extensive industry experience (9+ years)
- Track record of investment management performance
- Takes ownership and is accountable
- Displays a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic by going the extra mile and employing a “whatever-it-takes” attitude
- Goal oriented
- Able to delegate effectively
- Displays ambition and a passion for investment management
- Passionate about people and helping them achieve their financial goals
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CIPM Principles Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CIPM Principles Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CIPM Principles Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CIPM Principles Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CIPM Principles Full Time jobs in Masters