State Street - Business Analyst - Global Advisors OCIO Business
As a Business Analyst within State Street Global Advisors OCIO Business, you will be responsible for building and delivering outstanding client service across the full lifecycle of an institutional client's experience. You will also be part of and collaborate with a talented team responsible for handling the day-to-day needs of our clients. To be successful, you will need to develop an understanding of State Street Global Advisors investment and operational capabilities, the OCIO service offering, culture and vision in order to efficiently diagnose issues and solve problems that inevitably arise in the course of a client relationship. Due to the complex needs of our clients, you will need to build collaborative relationships across our sales, investment, product, marketing, operations, finance, legal, compliance and other internal teams critical to the end-to-end client lifecycle, from initial contact to on-boarding to (hopefully infrequent) off-boarding. You will also partner with your colleagues on client engagement initiatives to ensure global consistency and the successful implementation of newly developed engagement strategies and processes. In particular, you will be closely integrated with our OCIO Executives daily as they work to meet our clients- objectives. These interactions take many forms, including participating in projects and strategic initiatives related to complex client deals and issues as well as broader, more thematic initiatives designed to continuously improve the overall experience clients have in working with State Street Global Advisors.
In this position you will be focused on the following -
- Construct and maintain account plans collectively with OCIO Executives and Client Engagement Manager
- Attend client calls and/or meetings (as required)
- Attend all Client Panels and Investment Panels related to book of business managed
- Client Onboarding (Note: You will work in conjunction with the new implementation team on this)
- Client Investment Management Agreement/Investment Policy Amendments (Note: You will need to coordinate with OCIO Executive and Legal)
Client Reporting :
- Performance validation & reporting
- Asset Allocation and attribution validation
- Statement of assets and changes
- Risk analysis (Note: work with Risk organization)
- Client commentary (Note: in partnership with OCIO Executive)
- Market commentary (Note: in partnership with Investment/ Markets team)
- Liability Analysis/ commentary (Note: in partnership with Strategy team)
- Other items as required
- Account Openings
- Trade/Implementation Support:
- Client Audit Support
- Client Invoicing, Billing
- Client Prospect Support (As required - To be scoped out)
- Reviewing 10Ks; 5500s; other publicly available data
- Assist in maintaining Salesforce with updated information (e.g. next steps; key information/ contacts)
- BS or BA required; MBA and/or CFA a plus
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or another quantitative discipline (preferred, but not required).
- Basic familiarity with finance and investments, particularly with an institutional mindset.
- An interest in contributing to multiple segments of an institutional investment business.
- Analytical thinker with a self-starter mentality, strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail with a client-centric mentality and cognizant of deadlines.
- Competency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, evolving environment where priorities can change regularly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Key Skills :
- Business Analyst
- Investment Management
- Investment Analyst
- Investment Advisory
- Investment Research
- Client Engagement
- Client Servicing