Head of Angel Investments
1. Originate/Source Investment Deals.
2. Create a portfolio of target leads through identifying appropriate prospects and ensure the successful relationship management of current and potential clients in order maintain an appropriate Business Development Pipeline.
3. Formulate Initiatives, Objectives and related target KPIs to manage and close Investment Deals in line with QDB Investments Directorate’s vision and goals.
4. Work closely with the direct reportees to screen, evaluate and shortlist investment opportunities and formulate relevant investment recommendations through conducting the relevant Roots-Cause & Cost-Benefit Analysis
5. Oversee direct reportees to do the following:
Conduct Market studies to identify Macro and Microeconomic trends; understand subject industries, relevant market dynamics & nature of competition.
Conduct Due Diligence and prepare relevant Due Diligence reports.
Perform required business and financial analysis and identify key business assumptions.
Prepare Financial Models, Business Opportunity(s)’s evaluation, Scenario & Sensitivity Analysis, Exit Options and formulate recommendations accordingly.
6. Oversee the preparation of Investment Opportunities’ Pitching Materials, Screening & Investment Decision Memos and present them to Management and relevant Investment Committees to get the required approvals.
7. Record Retention of Approved and Rejected Investment Opportunities with all required supporting documentations.
8. Identify appropriate Deal Structure, Investment Methodology & Fit-for-Purpose Investment Strategy.
9. Coordinate with other QDB Departments (Credit & Risk – Operations – Business Finance – Financial Controls - Legal) when and as needed to draft all Investment related Documentations.
10. Formulation of Work Plans, Task Milestones and Timelines for each Investment Opportunity within the portfolio under management.
11. Oversee the execution of all strategic initiatives & Objectives to ensure achieving of target KPIs on a timely manner.
12. Oversee the preparation of regular update reports (Finance and Administrative) and present them to the executive management and relevant Investment Committees when and as needed.
13. Lead third party professional advisors and service providers to execute special projects as and when mandated.
1- Allocate work to Subordinates, nominate for training as per QDB’s guidelines, conduct performance reviews and manage leave and overtime to ensure efficiency
2- Contribute to the identification of training and development initiatives of all subordinates
3- Drive the engagement and satisfaction of all employees within the department through holding periodic meetings to discuss the achievements and address any employee issues and/or concerns.
4- Supervise direct reportees in their day-to-day tasks and guide them in managing their performance by providing appropriate feedback and counselling.
5- Provide recommendations to Investment Manager on hiring and promotions.
Competencies * Knowledge of Investments Products (3) Knowledge of Other Departments’ Products and Services (2) Regulatory Knowledge of Islamic Banking (1) Evaluating new ideas and concepts (2) Identifying Potential Angel Investments Opportunities (3) Identifying cross selling opportunities (2) New Investment Product Development (2) Economic and Social Cost-Benefit Analysis (1) Relationship Management with internal and external stakeholders (3) Portfolio Management (3) ROI For Investments Product Offerings (1) Deal Management (3)
Qualifications & Experience Required Qualifications: *
MBA or Master’s Degree in Banking or in Finance from a reputed university
Background in Angel Investments, investment banking or strategy consulting
Extensive knowledge of the banking sector in Qatar and the region, including the market Preferred Experience:
Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience in a similar role within a Gulf/ Local bank or financial institution